Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does V9 shrink the car for AP1 too ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One of the many disadvantages of GUI v9 is that it shrinks the image of the car, and makes the lane placement impossible to see.
This may be kind of necessary to display cars behind , but on AP1 , I would prefer to see the big car as before, and still see the cars actual placement, instead for the sad,small mini-car and nothing on the sides/behind :)

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones
I really hope that you aren't using your display to determine where the cars on the road are

I am a pilot, just like I fly by instruments (IFR), I sometomes prefer to drive by instruments.

- Just kidding - No, I just love to push the AP outside it's comfort zone, it often handles a little snow on the sides, or shadows from the raills along the white stripes on a bridge. It's interesting to see how and when it interpret it correctly.
So I may be driving on some places, and watch the illustrated distance between the lines and the car, and know whatever AP sees actual lines, or just some lines of snow on the outer side of where most people drive.

observing the dashboard helped me learn very well when and which situations AP will handle, I can drive by AP on new places or remarked lines where lanes split or depart, or meet intersections, and just know right away where I will need to take over, it is a very relaxing feeling to know the AP this good.

• Funny
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
So what changes, if any, will we see with AP1 cars?

All the new GUI stuff, hopefully some AP improvement too, and the auto lane-change is there.
-The media player grew on me.
-cold weather control is worse, more cumbersome to reach. (If I open HVAC settings, why not show all at once ? After all,I won't be driving the rest of the day with them up)
-I hate the fact that we waste display width on map/borders while reversing, instead of using that space for rear camera.
It's plain dumb to draw and pan a full screen map at all times , even when >60% of the display is media player, CPU power is not exactly in abundance, and we should rather draw and update what is needed, and stop wasting horizontal space on borders and useless map edges.