Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does your spouse have your key on their phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can I do this for my friends phone, that I hang out with constantly? I thought what if I lose my iPhone or it breaks while we hang out, if having my friend install the Tesla app on his phone would make sense. Then I will log in, will the Tesla allow another phone to start having all the controls? Kind of like having a second set of keys in emergency?

Just as a back up plan in case my phone runs out of battery, damaged, or lost.
As others have already suggested, always keep your key card in your wallet as an emergency backup.

Can I do this for my friends phone, that I hang out with constantly? I thought what if I lose my iPhone or it breaks while we hang out, if having my friend install the Tesla app on his phone would make sense. Then I will log in, will the Tesla allow another phone to start having all the controls? Kind of like having a second set of keys in emergency?

Just as a back up plan in case my phone runs out of battery, damaged, or lost.
As others above have mentioned, you should always carry your key card for the emergencies.

But to answer your question; yes, you can have others install the app on their phones and if you give them access, they use their phones. But they can also then order crap in the app (just like you can) and then you may end up with an unexpected $12,000 purchase on your credit card (for your new FSD capability).

Yes wife has the key on her phone. Yes I have location on. If you both are honest then you got nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide then this wouldn’t be a concern.
Yeah, privacy is WAY over-rated.

Once you install Tesla app on someone's computer, they get full access to everything, including remote tracking of the vehicle.