Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key Disable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have added my wife as a driver on the car since she needs to gain access to it sometimes when I am not around so I enabled her her phone as a phone key. The issue with this is that if we are going out together, and the car recognizes her phone before mine, the driver profile gets set as her profile. Is there a way to disable her phone key without removing it so that if she needs it on the rare occasion, she can open the app on her phone for example? I initially thought that completely closing the app would do that but I believe the Bluetooth connection is always there in the background

" Is there a way to disable her phone key without removing it so that if she needs it on the rare occasion".

I cannot see how to accomplish this. What steps need to be taken as I don't see it right off.

Go into the app on her phone under security

@PatL , the answer from @E90alex is the correct location, but if you would like "click by click" directions....

(on the phone you wish to turn phone key off on, in this case the one you described as your wifes phone)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Ensure car you want to take action on is the active Tesla car / product (in case of multiple cars or Tesla energy products)
3. Tap SECURITY & DRIVERS
4. Tap phone key toggle to turn it off

@PatL , the answer from @E90alex is the correct location, but if you would like "click by click" directions....

(on the phone you wish to turn phone key off on, in this case the one you described as your wifes phone)

1. Open Tesla app
2. Ensure car you want to take action on is the active Tesla car / product (in case of multiple cars or Tesla energy products)
3. Tap SECURITY & DRIVERS
4. Tap phone key toggle to turn it off
Thank you. These are the steps I was looking for.