Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog cargo liner and divider

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was going to post asking this question but thought I'd search first. Low and behold I found my own thread asking the same question last year. Any suggestions? I know there's a few of us that are dog owners. What are you guys using?

Thanks!

What do you define as safely and securely? That's probably the biggest factor. To some, that would be a custom made crate to fit into the trunk. Some prefer a seat belt. Some are ok as long as the dog is in the back.

Me, I went with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004ZJOLBQ

and then proceeded to cram my 75lb and 65lb dogs in the back. In fairness, I only intended to bring one, but they decided they both wanted to go for a ride. They were well behaved and stayed back there. They stick their heads along the side and middle but they've never attempted to rip it down or climb through. It is soft, so I don't know that some would consider it "safely and securely" but it works as a protector and divider. It's been 3 years and I only have a single dog now. I've had a panic stop here and there but never had a dog flying through.

Thanks @Yinn. I ended getting something similar. Our now 105 # GSD usually occupies the middle aisle between the middle row seats of our MX. That’s usually only for short distances. We’re planning to do a 5 hour trip so I plan to fold the rear seat and put him in the back. Just wanted to control the hair a little so we don’t start coughing up hair balls. LOL

My X has 5 seats only, so a big storage trunk.
What i would really like was to have some way to divide the trunk, so i could take both the usual weekend suitcases or bags separated from my dog on the trunk.
The way it is, i end up taking the suitcases or bags in the trunk (leaving a lot of free trunk space) and the dog has to go in the second row seats with my kid(s).

Does anyone know where i can get something to easily divide the trunk space, whenever i take the dog for the usual weekend trips?

Thanks, Yinn! Looks great!

The only thing I'd recommend is to get the longer one. I got the shorter one and it's just long enough to prevent the hatch from closing, but too short to protect the bumper. So I'd probably get the longer one to keep the dog from kicking the bumper on the way up. I have XPEL and there's no scratches so far, but figured I'd put it out there.