Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog mode feature requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in the US but am originally from Europe, so I have my temperature unit set to Celsius. Now the dog mode display shows the current cabin temperature in Celsius as well, which most concerned people in the US peaking into the car may not be able to interpret. They may wonder “How much is 20 degrees Celsius?”. Similarly an American living in Europe may set their unit to Fahrenheit, but most Europeans won’t be able to relate Fahrenheit to appropriate ambient temperature.

So my feature request is to be able to select the temperature unit displayed during dog mode, independently from the temperature unit selected in general.

Overall I am underwhelmed by dog mode. Couple key other features missing:

- Can’t customize the name of my dog into the display
- No way to upload my dog’s picture into the main display
- App does not allow me to speak to my dog through the phone, and I can’t listen in remotely either
- Model 3 internal camera not activated during dog mode to observe dog
- Display doesn’t show ETA of how long dog mode will remain active (it shuts off when battery gets low)

I realize it’s a new feature, but it seems rather basic. Anything else I am missing?

I realize it’s a new feature, but it seems rather basic. Anything else I am missing?

-Stream dog-friendly music to keep them entertained or relaxed.
-Use the seat sensor to estimate body weight and send it to their vet electronically.
-Allow the owner to record sound clips that play randomly (eg “You’re a good girl,” “Daddy will be back soon!”)
-Send a notification after an hour reminding you: “Did you forget you left your dog in the car an hour ago?”
-Automatically open the glove compartment after a predetermined time, which can contain a treat, tennis ball, or scoop of food.
-Add a “Worst Dog Owners” leaderboard in the app showing who leaves their dog alone in the car the most, ranked by hours. Special bonus section for “Extreme External Temperatures” (eg “Mike from Phoenix : 119 degrees outside!”)
-Calculate the number of pet deaths prevented ala CO2 eliminated by referrals.

Well you never can tell. I’ve seen lots on this forum that left me thinking WTF yet the OP has been dead serious lol

“No one in this world, so far as I know — and I have searched the records for years, and employed agents to help me — has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.” - H.L. Mencken

There should be a warning in Dog Mode when the A/C fails. My A/C doesn't work and the screen just says, "My owner will return shortly" while a dog could be dying.

This is what the app shows with A/C set to 19C/66F, but actual temperature 38C/100F.

Dog1.jpg Dog2.jpg

The A/C is blowing hot air. If I attempt to turn off A/C, there's a warning about being in Dog Mode, however the system should be intelligent enough to know that an animal is already in trouble.

Attachments

• Dog1.jpg
    Dog1.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 85
  • Dog2.jpg
    Dog2.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 51
There should be a warning in Dog Mode when the A/C fails. My A/C doesn't work and the screen just says, "My owner will return shortly" while a dog could be dying.

This is what the app shows with A/C set to 19C/66F, but actual temperature 38C/100F.

View attachment 404353 View attachment 404354

The A/C is blowing hot air. If I attempt to turn off A/C, there's a warning about being in Dog Mode, however the system should be intelligent enough to know that an animal is already in trouble.

Sounds like you need to get the A/C fixed. What happened to it?