Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dog protection for door side panel beneath window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi we have an Orvis back seat cover for our Y that we love and so does our 70 lb rescue huskie/shephard mix! But -- it doesn't cover the side panels right beneath the windows, and on our last Y that had the hard black rubber-like material, the "slobber" (inevitable!) left marks that even the most diligent cleaning would not *fully* remove. Just traded in for a new lease and the new material in this spot is almost like a leather/fabric mix -- and we're paranoid about protecting this area and would love to get some kind of solution for this. Any help greatly appreciated!

The Tesla pet liner has two separate protectors for the rear doors (and the u-channel for the seats, seatbacks, and rear backrests). The tabs on these slide into the window channel next to the glass. This helps keep the slobber and paw prints off the doors. My dogs can still inadvertently lower a window if they step just right.

I’m not aware of any other product that fits like so - most are of a u-shape with sides that velcro or zipper up.

The Tesla pet liner has two separate protectors for the rear doors (and the u-channel for the seats, seatbacks, and rear backrests). The tabs on these slide into the window channel next to the glass. This helps keep the slobber and paw prints off the doors. My dogs can still inadvertently lower a window if they step just right.

I’m not aware of any other product that fits like so - most are of a u-shape with sides that velcro or zipper up.
Awesome thanks, where did you purchase that from?

I use a poster board(2/$1.00) shoved down in the window and folded down over the door panel. They hold up even with the up-down of the window with door opening. After my Akita put a nasty scratch in the L panel it was all I could come up with and It's become the permanent solution.

• Funny
Reactions: PRLM3