Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door dent near rear wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vimcent

Aug 21, 2022
CA
After a long road trip I noticed a dent running alongside the bottom of the driver side rear door near the wheel. I didn't notice anything that might have caused this so I'm not sure what the cause is. I searched the forum and couldn't find similar enough dents, but it seems like it's a place that could get easily dented...I just wish I knew where it came from! Don't mind the dirt, I haven't washed my Model Y since the road trip out of fear of cold water affecting the repairability :)

Model Y Door Dent.jpg

What are my options for repair? Find a PDR shop? Would it be possible at all to do the repair myself with something like this? I'm in SoCal if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks!

Because the paint appears intact, I would recommend a PDR shop with experience. I know a marvelous one, but it is in my neck of the woods, on the East Coast, unfortunately. Good luck! I would suggest you not do it yourself, as the crease will be rather tricky to open effectively without overdoing it.

After a long road trip I noticed a dent running alongside the bottom of the driver side rear door near the wheel. I didn't notice anything that might have caused this so I'm not sure what the cause is. I searched the forum and couldn't find similar enough dents, but it seems like it's a place that could get easily dented...I just wish I knew where it came from! Don't mind the dirt, I haven't washed my Model Y since the road trip out of fear of cold water affecting the repairability :)

View attachment 843475

What are my options for repair? Find a PDR shop? Would it be possible at all to do the repair myself with something like this? I'm in SoCal if anyone has any recommendations. Thanks!
I tried something like that and it helped a bit (On a Mazda 6) but if you want it to be perfect a mobile PDR might be able to solve that issue for you. It looks pretty straightforward enough and I've seen them do magic on worse ones than what you have.