Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door dent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some inconsiderate “a hole” has, by the looks of things either opened his car door or rammed his luggage into my car door in the hotel carpark in Cornwall. Small dent and doesn’t seem paint damaged but it’s on the accent line in the back passenger door. Anyone have similar experience if this is easily and cheaply fixable?

Attachments

• FEAB7A3B-982C-4C07-A340-BF428F90F122.jpeg
    FEAB7A3B-982C-4C07-A340-BF428F90F122.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 322
  • F6D6D676-827B-4BAE-A289-3489F6B37F55.jpeg
    F6D6D676-827B-4BAE-A289-3489F6B37F55.jpeg
    968.3 KB · Views: 239
Some inconsiderate “a hole” has, by the looks of things either opened his car door or rammed his luggage into my car door in the hotel carpark in Cornwall. Small dent and doesn’t seem paint damaged but it’s on the accent line in the back passenger door. Anyone have similar experience if this is easily and cheaply fixable?
Take a look at Excel Dents Ltd - Dent Removal Experts Aylesbury. I used them recently and did a good job.

+1 on the how’d they get in question @MYLdn .

I have a dent on the rear drivers side door on the swage line just the other side of where the door bracket is. Can’t see a way in. Wondering if I remove the chrome door strip above with a spudger there might be a gap past where the window is a dent guy might go down….but don’t want to remove it unless I know it’s worth risking damage.

I saw a video where someone went in through the grommet where cables feed in plus another removing the door card/window which looked a big job.

He went in via a gap in the door when the back windows were wound down. No parts of the car were removed. He mentioned that the crash bars in the back doors go along the accent line at the top of the door about half way down and then bend down to the bottom of the car from there so if the dent has been a bit further towards the back of the car it would have been a harder job

@MYLdn - thanks - apologies for the follow-up - but I had a look to see if rolling the windows down helped, and as they only partly descend, leaving most of the slot occupied I couldn’t see much of a gap. Was it just fore of glass? If so wow. That’s a small way in for tools.

Also - I might be in DentDevils area - can you remember the guy’s name? I’ll try and get him as he’s experienced - mine is in a similar location to yours, a bit more forward.

Sorry I’d be misquoting if I tried to explain anymore as I’m no expert. All I know is he needed no more access than having the front and rear doors open to work. His skill was excellent and he commented he had done many Tesla’s before (although I think I was the first Model Y)

His name was Jack and he covers Essex/London I believe if that helps.

Good luck!

Reactions: nufan