Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door hinges on passenger side damaged during delivery inspection. is that common issue?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went in to pickup the car. all four of the door hinges on passenger side had damaged during delivery inspection. is that common issue?
They offered to just touchup paint it but when i asked if they will replace the hinges later on via a service appointment they said, NO.
so i rejected the car and now i dont know what will happen? any input from you guys ?

Reactions: kpanda17
20230708_112429.jpg

Attachments

• 20230708_112439.jpg
    20230708_112439.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 155
  • 20230708_112443.jpg
    20230708_112443.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 157
  • 20230708_112854.jpg
    20230708_112854.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: cwerdna
Now they are saying since i did not accept the delivery. my deal is voided and they will put my order on hold for 2 weeks. then after that they will try to match me to a similar vehicle that i ordered but the price will be different... and they will not honor the price that i signed for. This is completely unreasonable...
I didn't reject delivery because i wanted to .. the car was clearly damaged and wanted me to take it anyway... WTF

Reactions: t3sl4drvr
I would think a brass drift, PVC pipe, or other object softer than the metal of the hinges would be used to move them when the bolts are loosened, not a chisel.

Probably can't strike them directly with a rubber mallet without hitting the interior door panel or the metal of the door jam.

Never really paid much attention to the hinges on my car but now I'm curious to see if there are any tool marks on them.

Reactions: DocHolliday
Its not clear to me whether this OP ordered a car, or bought an inventory car (which is a specific vin at a discount).

I dont work for tesla or anything, but based on the way this story is unfolded, it sounds like an inventory car to me, which would be why the "we cant sell you one at that discounted price" stuff is being said.

FWIW, I dont know if I would have taken that car either... depends on how much the inventory car discount was (if this is an inventory car like I suspect it is).

Reactions: E90alex
Its not clear to me whether this OP ordered a car, or bought an inventory car (which is a specific vin at a discount).

I dont work for tesla or anything, but based on the way this story is unfolded, it sounds like an inventory car to me, which would be why the "we cant sell you one at that discounted price" stuff is being said.

FWIW, I dont know if I would have taken that car either... depends on how much the inventory car discount was (if this is an inventory car like I suspect it is).
it was an inventory car, but all it said when i was ordering the car was that it had a discount.. there was no disclosure that the discount was because the hinges were busted up... if it was disclosed before i ordered then i would not be upset and if it was not acceptable to me i would have picked a different car. They gave me a new VIN but now the price is the full price without any discount.