Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y Performance - quality issues (chassis underside damage)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of MYP out of the inventory for a little over $48.8 k which is a great deal I thought. Took delivery 2 days ago and spent 2 hours checking the car before taking delivery. Did not see any major issues during the inspection. I only did a cursory inspection of the underbody of the car. Then yesterday I noticed an exposed metal (2 inches long) in the underside of the car on the battery housing. I have attached a picture that I took- near the exposed metal I also saw an indentation on the plastic. Could this be due to damage when they were putting the car on the jack for inspection ?
I have less than 100 miles and I have reported it already via the app. I am hoping they will take care of this issue and is not a major one.

Also the sales rep said Tesla will fix any issues for free for 100 miles or 1 week whichever comes earlier. I am thinking of taking the car for a roadtrip that will make it go over the 100 mile mileage limit. The mileage limit of 100 miles is applicable when reporting- right ?

anyone else seen this before (please see attached pictures)

Attachments

• IMG_5470.jpeg
    IMG_5470.jpeg
    516.7 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5471.jpeg
    IMG_5471.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 46
That looks like it may be from contact with the ramps/floor of the transport trailers that are used to bring the cars from the factory to the SC. A floor jack or hoist wouldn't make a mark like that. You can see the object or car moved longitudinally while in contact as well.

Regardless, this damage is superficial so if they don't fix it for you, it won't be the end of the world.