Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door needs to be slammed to shut?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue. Need more force to close drivers.
The original issue that brought me to this thread is the thud noise it makes when closing the door especially in cold weather... as if the seal gets hard on cold weather and the smooth noise you normally hear in other cars isn't there. Sounds loud and requires extra force.. sounds like a car from the 70s... no muffled sound.. just a loud bang...

hello all,

Just picked up my M3 today. So worth the wait!!

Just wondering if anyone had problems closing some of their doors? It seems the driver’s door requires more force to shut than the other 3 doors. I have to slam it shut.

Anyone else have similar issues? If so, did the service center take care of you?
Just picked up my Model 3 Wednesday and Yes, just the drivers door you have to slam or push very hard to get it to shut. The other doors are fine. The 2021 M3 I test drove had the same issue. I scheduled a service appointment.

Just picked up my Model 3 Wednesday and Yes, just the drivers door you have to slam or push very hard to get it to shut. The other doors are fine. The 2021 M3 I test drove had the same issue. I scheduled a service appointment.
Same here. Got in car three times already, go to drive off and it says my door isnt shut lol. Neighbor with an SR said his was same way at first and it'll loosen up.

I had both of my passenger side doors' strikers/latches adjusted by mobile service a few days after I took delivery on my 2021 M3P, as those doors had to be slammed hard as well. After a few minutes he was done and the doors closed as smoothly as those on the driver's side. :)

All of my doors are pretty weird to close. Not to mention the trunk. That sometimes takes me 2-3 attempts to shut firmly because the amount of force I need to close it with makes me feel like I'm going to smash the car in half, lol.

New model 3. Both front doors required "too much" force to close. Mobile service adjusted them quickly and they're within reason now. (A touch harder to close than normal, but nothing objectionable)

Nice! You've convinced me I should put in an appointment. The doors sound like they are closing metal on metal and its little things like this that make the car feel unpolished and unfinished.