Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Door panel insert replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did look at the parts catalog but it's not easy to understand. It appears there are multiple part numbers for the same thing. Then when you Google the different part numbers you get varying results. It's a little confusing.

It appears that you get confused as well since the part you listed is not it either! That's why I was hoping someone here had done it before.

I'd honestly reach out to the Service Center for exact information. I had a DashPad replaced in my 2013 and it was a completely different type of leather than the original. But when you looked up the original part in the parts catalogue, it was the same number. The SC even said they were the same part number, but the original material was discontinued.

For panel removal, Electrified Garage has a video on handle replacement which includes removing the inner door panel. Might give some insight to that insert as well as I'm not sure if it's part of the whole panel or removable. I know the upper part of the door panel (Belt Line) is replaceable.