Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Doors and Windows opening in car wash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear doors came open in touchless car wash, has happened twice. Was in park. Windows come down 1 inch. Does car wash mode prevent this? I don't think they should open while in park.. Would it happen in a bad rain storm? Also, a few times now, rear door window comes down 1 inch when closing front doors. Have a service tech coming next week. Anyone else have this to happen?

Rear doors came open in touchless car wash, has happened twice. Was in park. Windows come down 1 inch. Does car wash mode prevent this? I don't think they should open while in park.. Would it happen in a bad rain storm? Also, a few times now, rear door window comes down 1 inch when closing front doors. Have a service tech coming next week. Anyone else have this to happen?
yes - use car wash mode
has a list of what it does. try it in the driveway to get a feel or read the manual.

Upvote 0
I figured out what happened. In park, the doors are unlocked. The car wash nozzles spray a jet stream which hits the door handles and causes them to open. The touchless car wash is just that, it doesn't clean very well, won't use it anymore.
Yes, that's true. If it's summer I do it myself once a month. In winter I have no option but to go to a automated wash unless it rains and I park mine outside and just spray wheel cleaners on them and let the rain do it's job.

Upvote 0