Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Window rolls up when door open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently got my windows tinted and the windows were working fine for about a week. Now driver side window rolls all the way up after opening door. Normally they roll down a little bit after doors open. Passenger side door does not do this. I read somewhere else on this forum that if the puddle light is out, the window will act funny. The driver side door Puddle light is out. Would this be the reason for the window rolling up after a few seconds of opening the door? This makes closing the door impossible or risk breaking the glass.
image.jpg

YESSS! You aren't very clear about this, but I hope you DO NOT attempt to close the door with the window in its fully up position?

The puddle light failure/ window motor connection was in earlier models. I thought Tesla had corrected this?

What year is you car?

It’s a 2020 model Y LR

. I tried closing the door like this. Obviously it doesn’t and it scratched the trim. So that’s neat. Honestly, that’s a really dumb feature to have the windows roll up after opening the door when the puddle light goes out. I don’t think any other car manufacturer does that.

I ordered some new puddle lights. I’ll install and let you all know if that fixes it

Reactions: zoomer0056
Nice fix! How 'bout a link to where you got those lights.
Sure, I’m not an huge fan of them but the OEM light was more expensive. And the kids liked these anyways. They are much brighter than the OEM lights I had. Link below.

Avmtokar Never Fade Tesla Model 3/S/X/Y Puddle Lights Logo Projector Door Courtesy Step Accessories Led Ghost Shadow Lights(1. Emblem... https://a.co/d/045Xt9g

Reactions: zoomer0056