Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver Door Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recently received message (phone app) that the driver window was not closed. Went to the garage and, sure enough, the driver window was open. This surprised me since the car is set to close all windows when locked. Got in the car and tried closing the window, but when it reached the top it came back down about 5 inches. The window operated correctly , however, when the door was open.

Made a Service appointment and the mobile tech replaced the motor assembly. However, this did not correct the problem. The tech found that the window was "catching" on the A-pillar and said that an appointment would have to be made for body adjustments (bending metal in A-pillar area) at the Service Center. Haven't made the appointment yet because I'm feeling a little uneasy about the repair process. My concern is about possible stress on the windshield or roof glass. Am giving some thought to not having it fixed, since the window can be closed if the door is open. The thought of having a $60,000 car with a window that doesn't work properly, however, really triggers my OCD.

Has anyone experienced this and, if so, what was the outcome?

Recaliberate the window. Sit in divers seat with all doors closed. Raise the window and keep pressing key of 30 seconds. Lower the window and press key for 30 seconds. Finally, repeat the first step.
This worked for me.
There are y-tube videos about this.