Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
T

tony26

I read that someone could use Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap to clean the inside of the model 3. A few drops in a spray bottle and fill with water and mix it up. Is this true? It seems like, it would not be enough to actually clean anything but I don't know.

Or if anyone has any product they use for the seats and like the dash that would be great. A friend said he use Tesbros inside cleaner.

Thanks, hope you have a great holiday.

I use Dr Bronner's for everything (literally). I doubt you will find anything so simple that is so effective.

Obviously, test your "a few drops" on something outside your car; adjust as necessary to get the level of cleaning you want.
Thank you so much. Yes, it seems way to simple but since it works I will give it a try.

Thanks again.

I was curious about this product so I did a quick Google search and came across this blog post from the maker of the soap. For use as a car interior cleaner, it lists the dilution ratio of the Castille soap as 1/4 cup soap to 1 quart of water.

Knowing Dr. Bronners I can't imagine using a quarter cup. I would go with the few drops in spray bottle idea. Stuff is pretty strong.

I have not used this product so perhaps you are correct. But these are the dilution ratios recommended by the maker of the Bronner products (see below). It depends on 1) which Bronner product you are using (The Bronner Sal Suds All Purpose Cleaner is more powerful than the Castile Soap) 2) How much water is in your spray bottle. For example, if you put 16 ounces of water in your spray bottle, then, according to the recommended dilution ratio, you would add 1 ounce of the Castile Soap. If you have 32 ounces of water, you would put 2 ounces, which is the equivalent of 1/4 cup.

"Dr. Bronner’s Sal Suds All-Purpose Cleaner (1 Tbsp. [15 mL] Sal Suds in 1 qt. [1 L] water) in a spray bottle

Note: You can also use Dr. Bronner’s Castile All-Purpose Cleaner (1/4 c. [60 mL] in 1 qt. [1 L] water)"

For cleaning a car's interior, I personally like using either Optimum No Rinse as a interior detail spray or Mckees 37 Fast Interior Detailer. If I have a stubborn stain and need a cleaner with more "umph", I use Optimum Power Clean diluted 10 to 1.