Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dreamcase Model 3 Pictures & Review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

outdoors

🌲🛶⛺️🏔♻︎🙂
Supporting Member
Just unboxed. 5 minutes to put in and sheets on. Full review later tonight and after I wake up in the morning.
20180716_131223.jpg
20180716_131200.jpg

Ok everyone. Let's go over some thoughts and some size on me. I think that is probably question #1.
6'2" 175 lbs.

If anyone followed my road trip back from CA you would see I slept with a foam Thermarest. Not ideal for fun enjoyable road trips. More like I need to get from point A to B, and need to get a little sleep along the way. So I wanted something to go along with road tripping.

My set up will be charging, toiletries/towels, car care items in the frunk. Food cooking items in the rear under storage. Backpack in front passenger seat. I plan on leaving the bed deployed so i can just crawl into the back. While the setup takes just minutes. It is only me so I would find it pointless to pack and undo each time. I will bring the case with me for unexpected travelers.

Ok lets get to length of sleeping. I found my leg positioning to be just right. Not having to sleep sideways or in a ball. I slept right in the middle Nice to have the cooling rear vents right there near the face.

What if you are taller? I still think one would be fine by adjusting pillow or placing some type of filler or extra gear.

Is it level? Yes. However first make sure where you are parked is level as well. I have first generation seats. Which I hear has less bolsters. Spoke to Dreamcase to get an answer before it was asked by the gallery. They have tested both gen and found them fine for levelness.

Can two people fit? I would say yes and no. I don't plan on it except for a rare occasion in the Model 3 coming back and not wanting to get a hotel. Parent and a younger child no problem and that would be something I plan on using it for. I would say the S is more suited towards 2 adults than the Model 3 Dreamcase.

Is it soft? Yes it is. Comes complete with freshly killed Alcantara hides and soft yet supporting memory foam.

How did I sleep? Great. Sheeting and Duvet were nice. I plan on putting a down one in for cooler months. Maybe also swap the Duvet for a darker color. Backpacks and hiking shoes will eventually = a dingy duvet soon.

Why not just an air mattress? Remember the 3 is a pass through with an restricter on the girth. Add an air mattress and you limit your space vertically. So I think the foam of the Dreamcase gives you more room and matches the comfort compared to air. I always find air mattresses kind of like I am rolling around anyway. Maybe in a tent, but not a car. I have at least 6 of them from Exped/Thermarest/Big Agness. I am pretty picky on how I sleep in the back country. So maybe call me the Air mattress expert. :p

Can't I get it something cheaper that will do the job? I guess, but I want something compact and in the back anytime I am traveling distance. I don't want to be getting sheets out and pillows, blowing up an air mattress. My luck it would be raining. I want also to fold it up and put it away quick. Dreamcase fits the bill in both. Oh it also looks really cool with the case in carbon weave on the outside. Looks like it belongs in the back of a great car. Like a Tesla.

As always pre cooling/heating the bed and sheets is the way to go.

1 night in and I love it. Will be coming back over time to add further thoughts. Case and assembly will be up tonight. Installing full blackout shades as we speak.

Anyone else order one?

Ok everyone. Let's go over some thoughts and some size on me. I think that is probably question #1.
6'2" 175 lbs.

If anyone followed my road trip back from CA you would see I slept with a foam Thermarest. Not ideal for fun enjoyable road trips. More like I need to get from point A to B, and need to get a little sleep along the way. So I wanted something to go along with road tripping.

My set up will be charging, toiletries/towels, car care items in the frunk. Food cooking items in the rear under storage. Backpack in front passenger seat. I plan on leaving the bed deployed so i can just crawl into the back. While the setup takes just minutes. It is only me so I would find it pointless to pack and undo each time. I will bring the case with me for unexpected travelers.

Ok lets get to length of sleeping. I found my leg positioning to be just right. Not having to sleep sideways or in a ball. I slept right in the middle Nice to have the cooling rear vents right there near the face.

What if you are taller? I still think one would be fine by adjusting pillow or placing some type of filler or extra gear.

Is it level? Yes. However first make sure where you are parked is level as well. I have first generation seats. Which I hear has less bolsters. Spoke to Dreamcase to get an answer before it was asked by the gallery. They have tested both gen and found them fine for levelness.

Can two people fit? I would say yes and no. I don't plan on it except for a rare occasion in the Model 3 coming back and not wanting to get a hotel. Parent and a younger child no problem and that would be something I plan on using it for. I would say the S is more suited towards 2 adults than the Model 3 Dreamcase.

Is it soft? Yes it is. Comes complete with freshly killed Alcantara hides and soft yet supporting memory foam.

How did I sleep? Great. Sheeting and Duvet were nice. I plan on putting a down one in for cooler months. Maybe also swap the Duvet for a darker color. Backpacks and hiking shoes will eventually = a dingy duvet soon.

Why not just an air mattress? Remember the 3 is a pass through with an restricter on the girth. Add an air mattress and you limit your space vertically. So I think the foam of the Dreamcase gives you more room and matches the comfort compared to air. I always find air mattresses kind of like I am rolling around anyway. Maybe in a tent, but not a car. I have at least 6 of them from Exped/Thermarest/Big Agness. I am pretty picky on how I sleep in the back country. So maybe call me the Air mattress expert. :p

Can't I get it something cheaper that will do the job? I guess, but I want something compact and in the back anytime I am traveling distance. I don't want to be getting sheets out and pillows, blowing up an air mattress. My luck it would be raining. I want also to fold it up and put it away quick. Dreamcase fits the bill in both. Oh it also looks really cool with the case in carbon weave on the outside. Looks like it belongs in the back of a great car. Like a Tesla.

As always pre cooling/heating the bed and sheets is the way to go.

1 night in and I love it. Will be coming back over time to add further thoughts. Case and assembly will be up tonight. Installing full blackout shades as we speak.

Anyone else order one?
Can you post a photo of what it looks like folded up in the trunk. Wondering how much space is free for other travel bags and such.

Awesome review! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Does the mattress sleep hot? I know some memory foam mattress have this problem. I wish purple made some sort of topper. I am a pretty hot sleeper so it’s always a concern for me.

Also has any sort of “camper mode” been figured out for the 3? Or what did you do while sleeping? I hope they release an official camper mode soon!

Is this kind of like Sleep-N-Go sold in Costco?
Awesome review! Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Does the mattress sleep hot? I know some memory foam mattress have this problem. I wish purple made some sort of topper. I am a pretty hot sleeper so it’s always a concern for me.

Also has any sort of “camper mode” been figured out for the 3? Or what did you do while sleeping? I hope they release an official camper mode soon!

I wouldn't call it true memory foam in the sense. Kind of halfway in the middle. I didn't find it hot. I pre cooled the car on low for 20 min. It was also in the 60's. Vented the windows and was fine.

Please contact via your mytesla account if you find camper mode important. Tesla also said that it is not currently at the top of the list. I did read that you can stream to your bluetooth and turn sound down. I have not attempted this. Wonder what the screen would do...

Is this kind of like Sleep-N-Go sold in Costco?

Not familiar with the Sleep-N-Go.

Someone needs to do a rap song about getting laid in a tesla.

Maybe not that for me. Maybe @buttershrimp. He is dope with the rap I hear.

I do have some funny plans for it however this weekend.

Reactions: Deraillor
I wouldn't call it true memory foam in the sense. Kind of halfway in the middle. I didn't find it hot. I pre cooled the car on low for 20 min. It was also in the 60's. Vented the windows and was fine.

Please contact via your mytesla account if you find camper mode important. Tesla also said that it is not currently at the top of the list. I did read that you can stream to your bluetooth and turn sound down. I have not attempted this. Wonder what the screen would do...

Not familiar with the Sleep-N-Go.

Maybe not that for me. Maybe @buttershrimp. He is dope with the rap I hear.

I do have some funny plans for it however this weekend.

Hey @outdoors ..... let's start a rap beef like biggie and tupac!
Here we go....

yo outdoors.... that dreamcase is weak!
It may be alcantara but it smells like a sheep!

The only sheep in my Ride are the ones in my dreams,
cause I unroll my swiss mega and I'm catching some Z's.

Now you may wonder bout that bump in the trunk,
but I got 3 inch of yoga bricks that I store in the frunk.

I lay flat like a pancake, I crawl in back when I charge,
the ladies all love it when they lay in my arms,

the girls all chuckle at your dreamcase "barge"
meanwhile I got em gazin' through my pano at some twinklin' stars!

Yeah.... all the ladies love how my mega transforms....
meanwhile your dreamcase has em watchin' for chloroform!

Ahhhhhhh yeah!

Buttershrimp on the track!

P one hundred....

in the house....

you know it.....

Exped MegaMat Duo 10 Review | OutdoorGearLab

What made you spend like $700-800 including the overseas shipping? How would you compare Dreamcase to something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-...rd_wg=iilZE&psc=1&refRID=1CR9Y6MJV4FFCBC3S1YQ

Which is much cheaper, even if you add pillows, duvet, sheets, and a carry case.
All jokes and rapping aside, that dreamcase looks awesome. I probably would have gotten that over the mega mat because it looks like a true bed even if it is bulky... that being said the megmat, the shorter variant is frickin’ perfect in model s, because it’s extremely comfortable, half tempurpedic like and half air mattress, AND if you only have to fold down the left side rear seats which means you can preserve a third seat permanently without putting the bed up.... which leaves room for coolers, trash cans, and other accoutrements while driving. Also the megmat self inflates. There is a little balloon you can pop on attach to adjust firmness ... also you can let some air out So you can fold it like a pita bread if you need the whole rear seat!

I bought 3 cheap mma mats and cut them in perfect size and thickness of bed for trunk so my bed is flat. They are extremely lightweight and It’s low profile, which might be better for model 3 as opposed to thicker mattress. I have the mma mats cut so I can piece them together and move them if I need to get in storage area in trunk. If I had a model x, I’d get the dual megamat ... they sell a long single version at rei which fits but is slightly longer which causes issues with support

The entire bed fits in the frunk when stored. It’s amazing

What made you spend like $700-800 including the overseas shipping? How would you compare Dreamcase to something like this: https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-...rd_wg=iilZE&psc=1&refRID=1CR9Y6MJV4FFCBC3S1YQ

Which is much cheaper, even if you add pillows, duvet, sheets, and a carry case.

Cheaper doesn't always fit the bill for me.

I have used many a mat. Both in getting to a destination and sleeping in a tent in the backcountry. Pre Tesla and now with. I really hate car camping in general.

I like a solution that is simple, good looking, and we'll crafted. Dream case fits the bill for me. While price may be an issue for some, and enjoy a home crafted or another idea. I don't mind paying the dough.

Reactions: Brian N
Yeah, I totally get that cheaper isn't always the way to go. I'm actually on the verge of buying Dreamcase myself, the only issue being cost. I have no problem paying for quality, but Dreamcase just feels TOO exorbitant.

I'm curious what were the deciding factors for you that made you pull the trigger?

A a good mattress, decent quality sheets, pillows, and a nice looking case (but maybe not the crazy luxury carbon fiber leather or whatever Dreamcase uses) could be had for a lot less.

I'm not talking about mattress or sheets that fall apart in a month or begin to sag...but something decent. Thanks for your thoughts!

Fantastic. How do you deal with the bump in the trunk? Would this fit with the rear facing seat bolts that intrude on the space? I cut out the MMA foam to deal with that but it would be nice to have a ready made option. Also, how much does this puppy weigh?

Oh wait, I had to remind myself it's a model 3, so no bump