Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drive unit advice , please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone,

I just took my Model S 2013 60 with 95k to the service center. It’s been having a weird humming noise. She told me it’s probably the drive unit and around 7k. I owe about $25k for the car. I was thinking of just selling the car and paying the same difference instead of fixing the car. I love it but I charge up to 150miles and I don’t see the value in putting down the money when I can just get a new Tesla. Looking into taking over someone’s Tesla lease as me next car. Any thoughts if it’s worth it?

Hello everyone,

I just took my Model S 2013 60 with 95k to the service center. It’s been having a weird humming noise. She told me it’s probably the drive unit and around 7k. I owe about $25k for the car. I was thinking of just selling the car and paying the same difference instead of fixing the car. I love it but I charge up to 150miles and I don’t see the value in putting down the money when I can just get a new Tesla. Looking into taking over someone’s Tesla lease as me next car. Any thoughts if it’s worth it?
Or just drive it until something fails, depending on what you think about the noise.

Upvote 0