Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat squeaking sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I’m 6 feet tall and drive with seat all the way back. From day 1 m’y seay made sounds when heading over bumps or as weight shifted in my seat. Took to SC twice. Second time around new seat approved and replaced. It was fine for a few days and now it’s back. Not as bad as first time but enough to be quite annoying when driving.

Any thoughts on how to approach?
I’ve sent videos to SC and they are investigating. But I’ve already changed the seat once.

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem. It sounded like it was coming from dash or console and was mysteriously worse when I turned the car to the right. The SC looked into it and found that the posts attaching the seat to the floor were slightly off center and so were rubbing against the metal of the holes they went into. They unbolted, re-seated it (literally) so that each post was centered in its hole, and then tightenened them back down. No more squeaks!

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Got my 3 a few weeks ago and am experiencing a similar problem. When I get into/out of the car, the seat squeaks. Frustrating! I am 175 pounds and 6’2” — don’t think it’s me.

Any other solutions out there?

I have a service appointment next week for a misaligned steering wheel and will ask about it.