Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seats too hot when driving

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I just picked up my M3 AWD with EAP. I got the black with black interior. My car came with software version 2018.46. I live in NJ and today is particularly cold day but after about 15 minutes of driving my lower back and the butt part of the seats are getting extremely HOT. The heated seats are obviously off and I've turned the rear vents off as well - I just dont get it.

Is it the material of the seats? The battery under them? I feel like I'm literally sitting on fire and find myself constantly moving around to the cold spots on the edges of the seat.

Has any one else noticed this? Is there a cold air seat covers so something that I can purchase?

Haha

Heated seats are the best and a must. I always have mine on. Even when its hot

AC on with heated seats is the best feeling when driving. Along with pedal stomp with gobs of torque punching you in the chest

Went to workshop and test said no the heating. Musured myself with IR thermometer and it is 37 dgs Celcius. Body temp. So very noticable. Found out that air Outlet under Seat on passenger side (not used) give's more air than driver Seat. Also blocks the electric cable the Outlet. Not found a solution

I have exactly the same problem. I've always had cars with real leather instead of plastic. (fake synthetic leather)

Plastic makes it Impossible for your skin to breathe. I am sweating all the time from my back!

Might return car back if no solution found.

Reactions: Ptheven