Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver side rear reflector alignment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Luckily the panel gaps on my car were all pretty good, however the reflector beside the rear light on the drivers side is poorly aligned (the reflector that is where the opening charge port is on the passenger side). I did put in service request on the app hoping for a ranger but it says they want me to go to Edinburgh which is over 300 mile round trip, I'm not doing to bother with that just to have a reflector aligned. Anyone know if it's an easy DIY job? Is it just a matter of removing the rear light to get access? I take it this is quite common as the car in the Edinburgh showroom I saw before mine was delivered has exactly the same misalignment.

Thanks but I think they are for the reflectors at the bottom of the rear bumper. I have attached a photo of my problem, too far in at the bottom by about 5mm.

Attachments

• 20200926_091319.jpg
    20200926_091319.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200926_091354.jpg
    20200926_091354.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 42
I had exactly the same problem, and it was an easy fix. Whilst having a mobile ranger out to sort a door rattle, he also addressed this in 5 mins. Bit of a bodge fix as he said (apparently this was the official Tesla bulletin). Remove rear light, and tease out reflector enough to pack with small rubber/foam inserts, until flush. Fixed mine perfectly and still going strong.

Btw - you do not remove the reflector nor any carpet trim, just the light.

If it was me I’d do it myself.