Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers mirror needs constant adjusting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it’s actually not a mirror mechanical problem, you might try removing the profile and recreating it. Easy to do as the settings are all there if you have them ‘in use’. I’ve had this issue in the past with my X where profiles got corrupted.

Now the real question is why is the mirror moving at all. Which is why I asked about a mechanical issue. If there’s one driver/profile and no changes it really shouldn’t ever move.

Last edited:
I ran into a similar problem when my kids bump the mirror (the actual mirror, not the housing), and it changed the position of the mirror. And she immediately pushed the mirrors back manually. Since then, everytime I start the car, it tries to move the mirror to the home position (what it remembers as home I guess), and the mirror tilts upward. I would adjust back to proper setting, saved. and on next power up, it reverted to facing the sky again, almost feels like if my daughter didn't push the mirror back in place, it would have been in the perfect position. After a few reposition saves, it finally stayed in proper settings. This was for driver side mirror, during this ordeal (a few weeks), the passenger side started doing something similar, not sure what's going on, but after some saves. both mirrors behave normally.

-ThinkMac-

Thanks ThinkMac! I'm having a very similar problem... only with the passenger mirror on my 2020 Model 3. It refuses to hold position for long and reverts back to a low 'home' state over time ...despite several attempts to save the proper position. Perhaps I'll try deleting my profile (only driver) and adding a new one next.