Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Problem with wing mirror and profiles.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My left wing mirror would not keep its saved position. Whenever I get in the car and it selects my profile it wouldn’t go to the correct side mirror postion. So I pressed my profile again and lo and behold the mirror when into the correct position. As long as I select my profile again manually it works.

Anyone else had this and know how to rectify it?

Do you have multiple profiles? Is the one it picks up from your phone/card the same one you manually select?
We have two Model 3s and my profile changes the seat and right mirror positions when I get in either of them, but not the left mirror. I've tried multiple recalibrations with no success.
The only thing I can think worth trying is to create a new profile from scratch and see if that fixes it, along with a mirror/seat calibration (service menu).
Oh, and a 2 button reset of course.

Is the one it picks up from your phone/card the same one you manually select?

My left wing mirror would not keep its saved position. Whenever I get in the car and it selects my profile it wouldn’t go to the correct side mirror postion. So I pressed my profile again and lo and behold the mirror when into the correct position. As long as I select my profile again manually it works.

Anyone else had this and know how to rectify it?

As @Dangerous Fish mentioned check the keys which one is actively opening the car that decides the profile. Save the profile you want next to the key that is active then you will see the change. Yes, if it doesn’t work do a two button reset. And if that doesn’t work, delete the profile and do it again and save with your keys.

Today, all 4 of my profiles, including easy entry, were moving the right side mirror downward as far is it would go. I would reposition the mirror and save the mirror location in my profile but the Easy Entry profile would point the mirror down and the mirror would stay pointed downward when a user profile was selected. I did a soft reboot then I was able to successfully save the correct mirror position in each profile. Unfortunately I cannot change and save the mirror position for Easy Entry so it is still pointing the mirror down.

I seem to have fixed my issue with some more playing. In one car I set the offending mirror all the way down and out. Saved the profile, switched to another profile then switched back to mine and set the mirror to the correct position. Then switched profiles to test. Went to the other car and the sync'd profile now set the correct mirror position.
Fingers crossed it's sorted 🤞

Reactions: MacTessy
There is a quick fix that the Tesla Tech told me at my last service visit. Put your seat in the main driver profile you want. Adjust the mirrors. Then delete easy entry profile.

Create it again and then adjust seat position from there (back and down etc). It will auto save the mirror profile and not drop down again.