Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Power Rear View Mirrors with Memory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Skotty

2014 S P85 | 2023 F-150L
Jun 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Pray tell, when will auto makers start making powered rear view mirrors with memory like seats, steering wheels, side mirrors, pedals, etc? Any thoughts? Why does no one attempt to do this?

For me, my wife and I share vehicles and frequently switch back and forth. Memory profiles are awesome. It's actually one of the reasons we decided to go Lariat instead of XLT on our F-150 Lightning. But no vehicles ever have memory for the rear view mirror, even though most have power there already for other reasons, so why not make it powered? Anyway, I've now fallen into the habit of not bothering to adjust the rear view mirror anymore. I just leave it in my wife's position, and hunch down whenever I want to look through it. Anyone else do this?

Power seats take a longer time to adjust and it’s hard to find the perfect exact position again. Side mirrors take a longer time to adjust, especially in a Tesla where you have to mess with the screen. Side mirror position is also dependent on the exact seat position so sometimes there’s a back and forth to find the right combinations.

The rear view mirror is like one movement. A couple wiggles at most.

Power seats take a longer time to adjust and it’s hard to find the perfect exact position again. Side mirrors take a longer time to adjust, especially in a Tesla where you have to mess with the screen. Side mirror position is also dependent on the exact seat position so sometimes there’s a back and forth to find the right combinations.

The rear view mirror is like one movement. A couple wiggles at most.
Yeah, but it's annoying to constantly adjust it. In a world of what are considered premium vehicles where people are complaining about tiny variations in panel gaps, or barely noticeable orange peel, or how soft the dash material is, or how something takes 2 button clicks when it could have just taken 1, or how plush the leather is, I think the lack of a power adjust rear mirror is fair game. Even if I say, fine, I'll always manually adjust it, I still get to hear complaints from my wife when she has to adjust it back again all the time.