Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver's Service + Seat Incline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my Model S on June 25th. This is my first Tesla and it is an awesome vehicle! ...but, service has been lacking. I talk to three different people and get three different answers. The app to schedule appointments is fine, but the same app is used to make changes and communicate with service and that has been a pain in the rear! Human intervention is needed here. For example, I had an appointment scheduled that disappeared! It takes weeks to get an appointment. This is frustrating.

Service issues: Driver's side seat does not incline past 90 degrees. I am ninety percent sure that it did, but now it doesn't. A rep called me to say that the new Model S will not do this, explaining that it's a safety measure. I asked him to verify and get back to me. Sounds like BS. Is anyone else having this problem? They also need to replace my rear left door handle (sticks) and a tire sensor alert that won't go away. The rear right tire pressure is not reading. There's also a problem with the USB 2 charge port on the driver's side. It is not charging my iPhone. I was told this is due to a third-party cable, but I verified that it's an Apple cable and it charges just fine on the passenger side. Finally, the center console door does not stay put in the open position.

All-in-all, it is a phenomenal work of art, and driving it puts a smile on my face every time. But they really need to get their *sugar* together on the service side. Any feedback is appreciated!

As far as the TPMS, if you haven't done this, try this: go into the service menu and re-configure/re-set your tires. You can also re-calibrate your TPMS - I had a low alert that stayed there even after ensuring all the psi's were good. I re-calibrated the TPMS it to use the current state as the base level and it went away.