Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drivers side window does not seal on high speeds. Anyone else experience this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had 3 technicians check my car. The third one says its normal and that I should not worry about it. Even though if I roll down the window on the highway then roll it back up it does not seal. I can stick my fingers in that gap. My car is in the shop and the loaner is the same exact model 3 and mine. It does not exhibit this issue at all. Has anyone else experience this and know how to resolve it?

IMG_20210323_085104 (2).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20210323_085104 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210323_085104 (1).jpg
    308.5 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_20210323_085104.jpg
    IMG_20210323_085104.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 400
It is sadly normal for them to say its normal.

Getting these to seal, especially once messed with, is a fine art and most SCs will not take the time to do it right by adjusting within the door frame (finding the balance between ease of window open/close and decent sealing once closed).

Reactions: EVChris
I had same issue at pickup. Any speeds above 40 mph and I would start to get a whistle. My first Appt was a mobile tech. He came out, was able to verify complaint and attempted to fix. After 2 hours he was unable to fix it. Made an in store Appt. The issue was addressed, unfortunetly not completely. If I start driving with the window up. I get no wind noise at all. But if I'm cruising around 60mph than roll the window down than up... It won't seal. The whistling stays until I stop or slow down to below 20-30 mph. Than I have to roll up the Window again and it seals. I've pretty much just given up trying to fix the issues on this car. Such shoddy build qualities.

I had same issue at pickup. Any speeds above 40 mph and I would start to get a whistle. My first Appt was a mobile tech. He came out, was able to verify complaint and attempted to fix. After 2 hours he was unable to fix it. Made an in store Appt. The issue was addressed, unfortunetly not completely. If I start driving with the window up. I get no wind noise at all. But if I'm cruising around 60mph than roll the window down than up... It won't seal. The whistling stays until I stop or slow down to below 20-30 mph. Than I have to roll up the Window again and it seals. I've pretty much just given up trying to fix the issues on this car. Such shoddy build qualities.
That sounds like the same issue I have. All they tell me is that they don't see the issue. I drove a loaner with the same year and build date and did not have this issue. I even pushed on the glass when rolling it up going 70 mph and it sealed just fine. Very frustrating when you are dealing with a vehicle that's this expensive.

I had the same problem on drivers side passenger window.

The gasket at the top was kinked.

I could run my fingers along the flat of the gasket and could notice a bump.
The bump was not present on the other side of the car.

I pulled the gasket free from the frame of the car, and then re-installed. That fixed it.

• Informative
Reactions: EVChris and KenC
I had this issue after replacing my door handles with color matched ones. Since I had pulled the glass, I caused the issue myself.

It was super easy to fix, took about 20 minutes total.

They should take care of you though, and replace the seals if they cant make it seal.

Last edited: