Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving an ICE after getting used to the S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try to drive new honda accord touring and then say how do you feel!
I been driving Tesla S for 5 days now (friends car) and I own 2019 Accord Touring.
Accord is 32k and 2015 model S was 51k.
I was surprised that I miss my Accord after 5 days now.
Accord has HUD with GPS directions , Cross Traffic Monitor, plays FLAC files with album covers (Tesla has problem with this),Remote start (both from keys or app),customizable information on the in-dash display,wireless phone charger, built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi with hotspot functionality, and all driving security sensors I need.
I love Tesla acceleration but that is not enough to justify price difference of 20k between new car and 4 year old one.
Yea but does it have a windshield as well?

I do feel guilty when I drive the M5
15 mpg is terrible and that’s me taking it easy.
As much as I once in a while miss rowing gears I'm not sure I will ever by a new ICE ever again due to cost, environment, and reliability. At one time in my earlier career and life I aspired to the M series cars (3, 5, 7), and the 996 series 911s,. I drove a really long trip of almost 20,000 km at one point with a stick shift convertible across the mountain, flats, and the coasts of US and Canada so I can still feel and smell the gearshifts from 2nd to 5th up and down winding mountain switchbacks. That part I do miss sometimes. I sometimes get tempted by the new 982/718 Porsches or the 991/992 Porsches (Cabrio/Turbo/4S/S) and I play with the Porsche configurator to add as many options as I can to get a super high price which then dissuades me from buying anything new. And I remember stories from friends who bought used air cooled 911s that had impressive meetings with their mechanic at the garage./s I'm also a Jeep Wrangler guy so I miss my stick shift Wrangler as well but that's another story. I don't think I will go back to an ICE for a new car based on current and near future ICE models. A used one I still might need to get if the itch becomes unbearable or I'll just go on a super long road trip with my P100DL to scratch a different itch.