Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

driving functions disabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3 is one month old with 1490 km driven to date. After using this morning with all ok, I went to go out again and was disturbed to be confronted with a series of messages saying steering, braking and a few other functions disabled.

Impossible to drive due to heaviness of steering, although most other functions like lights, radio, a/c seem ok.

Running on release 50.5.

Rang Tesla support and was pathed trough to the USA who suggested rebooting the screen, and when that did not help, referred me back to the Sydney service centre who booked a tow truck for tomorrow.

One very important reason that swayed me to buy a car made in the USA was the partnership with our NRMA for roadside assistance. It seems that is ineffective and I will be car-less for an unknown period of time.

I'd be interested if others a) have experienced a similar problem and b) have experience with Sydney "roadside assist". nb The towie was very experienced with Tesla and took good care to ensure it was properly towed, giving me his card for future reference.

Attachments

• Tesla 3 after 0ne month.jpg
    Tesla 3 after 0ne month.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 60