Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driving on the highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find my X nearly impossible to drive on the highway, unless the roads are smooth as silk and there are no other cars driving at all.. its unbearable. Any truck, any loud engine car that drives by is so damn loud it sounds like its going to run into me. It ricochets in the cabin. The ride is so rough, I cannot take it anymore. I asked Tesla to buy my car back, I think Im in for a big loss. Oh well. Only 1800 miles.. so much for that. Here I thought those Consumer Reports guys were on crack.. but they were right.

Wow - sorry to hear you are having that experience. It definitely sounds like something is wrong with your X. I had some noise issues - nothing like you described - but the SC took them very seriously and they did a bunch of things including replacing the seals. I am much happier now. I didn't get into the details - but they seemed to have a process for performing acoustical analysis to help assess the situation and the remediation. For sure though certain road surfaces generate much more tire noise at high speeds.