Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Due to inventory availability, Tesla may increase this system size by up to 10% at no additional cos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed this line on purchase and home improvement agreement just below breakdown of costs.
“Due to inventory availability, Tesla may increase this system size by up to 10% at no additional cost to you.”
:eek:
Is this something I should get excited about or just standard wording on paperwork.
Hmmm .... “so we have these extra 3 or 4 panels want us to go ahead and throw those up as well ? “:p

I suspect that this has to do with their recent change from 315W panels to 340W panels. If a system was sold with 315W panels, but delayed due to permitting or whatever and they ran out of 315W panels then it allows them to switch to the 340W panels. I believe this already happened to someone on the board.

So if your system already was designed with 340W panels then I wouldn’t expect a change. But if you have a system that was ordered before mid June that was supposed to be 315W panels then there’s a chance you might wind up with 340W panels.

Last edited:
I suspect that this has to do with their recent change from 315W panels to 340W panels. If a system was sold with 315W panels, but delayed due to permitting or whatever and they ran out of 315W panels then it allows them to switch to the 340W panels. I believe this already happened to someone on the board.

So if your system already has 340W panels then I wouldn’t expect a change. But if you have a system that was ordered before mid June that was supposed to be 315W panels then there’s a chance you might wind up with 340W panels.
You dream killer !! :p
My system already has 340W panels so prob no free bonus for me.
Your explanation of higher output panels makes much more sense than my knee jerk reaction of “extra” panels :rolleyes: