Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DWS06 in the Winter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ronin

Jul 24, 2018
USA
Just had some snowfall in my area last night and I was not impressed at all with the DWS06 that came with my TST 18" package on my P3D.

Going even 10 mph and braking, I slide an additional 10 ft. It was scary because it was slipping into an intersection and cars were crossing by.

I know they're for light snow, which it pretty much was, but this was really not what I expected. Not sure if others have similar experiences or should I get the tires checked out ?

How new are they? Make sure they have some good miles on them to get the molding compound off. And also aren’t overinflated.

I love DWS 06. Been running this tire (the DWS before that and the Extreme Contact before that!) since 2010. They are about as good as you will get for an all season in the snow.

I used to run snows on everything when I lived in the North East. Even SUV’s! When I moved to the Mid-Atlantic, they seemed overkill. Switched to the Contis and they have been great. Even had them on a RWD BMW in heavy snow and they were fantastic.

How new are they? Make sure they have some good miles on them to get the molding compound off. And also aren’t overinflated.

I love DWS 06. Been running this tire (the DWS before that and the Extreme Contact before that!) since 2010. They are about as good as you will get for an all season in the snow.

I used to run snows on everything when I lived in the North East. Even SUV’s! When I moved to the Mid-Atlantic, they seemed overkill. Switched to the Contis and they have been great. Even had them on a RWD BMW in heavy snow and they were fantastic.
Interesting. Weird how I had lack of grip then. They have 2000 miles on them. They’re inflated to 42-44. Is that too much?

I love the DWS series tires. Ran them on most of the cars I had. Great all around tire. As far as you sliding, was it icy? Not much any tire can do in that situation (well a high end winter specific tire might have fared slightly better).

I love the DWS series tires. Ran them on most of the cars I had. Great all around tire. As far as you sliding, was it icy? Not much any tire can do in that situation (well a high end winter specific tire might have fared slightly better).
Wasn’t really icy as much as fresh snow fall. It was around 27 degrees outside.