Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynomode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings all, anyone know how to disable, or turn off, dynomode once it’s been activated? “Power off” in the “Vehicle Security” tab of the UI doesn’t work nor does getting out of the car and closing the door after putting it in Park nor does resetting the center screen. Car mostly undrivable at this point (no acceleration-limited to 50kW for acceleration).
Tesla phone assistance is closed.
Thanks!
Tom
MS P100D

While sitting in the car with the door closed, press the Power Off button within Safety and Security.

Give it about 60 seconds. Then press the brake pedal.

That is exactly what I did to get out of dynotest in my P90D.

With that said, it definitely wasn't limited to 50 kw in dynotest mode.....

Initially that didn’t work. I sulked a bit then went thru the procedure to activate it (as if this was the first time) again. Voila, it went off! I just noted the post about the 2020.12 update tanking dyno mode. I just downloaded .12 last night...
When activated today, traction control, regen braking and cruise control were all disabled and the car went into turtle mode-this should be named POS mode instead.
Thank you for your input!

Initially that didn’t work. I sulked a bit then went thru the procedure to activate it (as if this was the first time) again. Voila, it went off! I just noted the post about the 2020.12 update tanking dyno mode. I just downloaded .12 last night...
When activated today, traction control, regen braking and cruise control were all disabled and the car went into turtle mode-this should be named POS mode instead.
Thank you for your input!

Thanks for the solution tajijoy! I had the same issue today morning in my model 3 with 2020.12 and was going bonkers when I couldn't turn it off until I saw your post. Tesla has changed dyno mode behaviour to operate the motors at 50kw when it detects you are driving on the road and how you turn it off. You have to use power off, wait 2 minutes and then use the dynomode procedure again to turn it off.

I don't really recommend using dynomode on the street. It holds nothing back, and that's not a good thing any place but on a dyno. When you're accelerating normally, the car kind of "rolls on" the power, so you ramp up to 100% throttle over a few feet. It is quick, but controlled.

In dynomode, it just gives you full power a milisecond later. It's really, really rough on suspension components and the half shafts.