Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EAP Purchase Stuck in ”Activating”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached the last day of my 30 day EAP trial and coincidentally received a confirmation email from Tesla stating that I would receive a $5k rebate in exchange for removing free unlimited supercharging. So, I decided to purchase EAP at the discounted price of $5,500 + tax. I made the purchase through my car touchscreen and after entering my payment info and clicking purchase, a screen came up saying “Activating. This will take less than one minute. Please keep the vehicle in PARK.”

Well, I waited tens of minutes and no progress, I tried calling the number provided, but it was past business hours last night so I just closed the purchase window and let the car be overnight. In the morning I found that I could return to the Activating screen by clicking on EAP purchase button.

Today, I was able to chat with a Tesla support rep. He had me try two different reset methods with no luck. He then said sorry he couldn't help and he would have the diagnostics team look into it and they would get back to me in 3-5 days.

Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_8084.JPG
    IMG_8084.JPG
    370.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi - exact same thing is happening to me. Yesterday my 30-day trial was at "0 days". Last night I purchased through the touchscreen ("Order Now" button). Got that same "Activating" spinning circle screen, which never went away. Left it overnight, came back to car this morning, and it had this screen (see attached), which also wouldn't go away. I rebooted, and a new screen came up saying everything was set (didn't get a screenshot unfortunately). I closed it and checked my Autopilot setting - all of the EAP features are gone. "Summon" is also missing from my phone app now. Called in and they said they'd look into it and either try to push something to the car or call me, over the next day or two. EAP is confirmed as being on my online account (under Options), and my credit card was charged the $5500+tax. Yay. Ugh.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20181207_112118.jpg
    MVIMG_20181207_112118.jpg
    542.6 KB · Views: 46
I’m sure they will fix this, I just prefer not dealing with scheduling an appointment and going to a service center to get this fixed. We’ll see.
My EAP appeared to have been stuck on day 0 for the past two days, but it finally ended this morning. My EAP no longer works.

Update: EAP is working now. A couple hours ago, got back to my car, the touchscreen/car started rebooting on its own. The screen flickered a couple times, and then was normal. I checked Autopilot setting, and all the EAP features were back, with my last settings. "Summon" is back on my phone app. Tested everything out and they work (haven't tried Autopark again).

Re: EAP being stuck on day 0, that seemed to happen to me too, I seemed to be on day 0 for two days (Wed-Thu).

I hope your EAP comes back soon! Good luck.

Reactions: Powered By Jay