Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Earlier Falcon Wing concept

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Saw this today from an early Corvette concept design:

1970s-chevrolet-corvette-concept-cars-7.jpg

I can see why it never made it. The bottom of the door, the dirty part, would whack me in the head both getting in and getting out. I note in the video that they leave that little part out: He's outside, presto, he's inside. Actually, I think it would whack me lower than the head, assuming I could duck down that far.

I think Tesla has improved it. Along with a bunch of other things improved.

Nice find, TEG.

I can see why it never made it. The bottom of the door, the dirty part, would whack me in the head both getting in and getting out. I note in the video that they leave that little part out: He's outside, presto, he's inside. Actually, I think it would whack me lower than the head, assuming I could duck down that far.

I think Tesla has improved it. Along with a bunch of other things improved.

Nice find, TEG.

I agree that Tesla's implementation is better than this one. This Chevy concept might have worked better if the lower part of the door went horizontal. The idea of these doors is that they swing up and out of the way. Even the GM employees in the video looked look they were having an awkward time ducking under the door panel.

Maybe they were trying to do what DeLorean did but didn't get it quite right?