Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Access Program Invite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Found this old post...
Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 2.17.27 PM.png

There is no point is trying to figure out a pattern, because for these types of beta programs the entire point is to try to cover the entire spectrum of your install base. They aren't picking all or most people from groups with specific cars, features, behaviors, etc. They are likely actually trying to explicitly avoid that. They would be picking from the widest set of variables that they can. The only thing that probably improves your chances is being an outlier in some metric. For instance if you live in an area where there are less Tesla drivers, that might increase your chance over the general average of all owners.

I just received an email to the Tesla Early Access Program. I’m wondering if they’re expanding the program. Anyone else get one?

Did you solicit enrollment, or did Tesla look you up and send you an invite without you asking?

I would definitely join if I got an invite. Come on Tesla, I wouldn’t even mention that I got an invite!

I read their test user agreement from a couple years ago, and some warnings that were sent to a person I know that was enrolled. Tesla were pretty clear that you should basically expect that your MCU would be totally broken and non-functional at any point through trials. Obviously that isn't their intent, but if they discover a bug caused by some random combination of things that your system has or does, then you'd basically have to expect to drive totally blind until you can get to a service center to have the car re-flashed, or a fix is downloaded and hopefully applies correctly.

That was the only reason I figured I'd have a second thought. If I were to ever be asked to join.

Reactions: emorog
It is certainly a risk. I work in software, beta testing is there to uncover defects.
Total agree. Early Access Program is just a beta testing. It is not a privilege. Some people compare this to a flight club and you shouldn't even talk about the invite.

I agree that you shouldn't talk about the beta features that you're testing, but not the invite??

Total agree. Early Access Program is just a beta testing. It is not a privilege. Some people compare this to a flight club and you shouldn't even talk about the invite.

I agree that you shouldn't talk about the beta features that you're testing, but not the invite??

Or that just makes it easier to weed folks out. If you can’t even keep that you got invited to yourself, how could you be trusted? Tesla is working pretty hard to keep things under wraps and keep folks safe. Part of that is trusting people to follow simple instructions.

Reactions: silentsnow31802
Or that just makes it easier to weed folks out. If you can’t even keep that you got invited to yourself, how could you be trusted? Tesla is working pretty hard to keep things under wraps and keep folks safe. Part of that is trusting people to follow simple instructions.

The Early Access Program isn’t a secret. Elon has tweeted about the early access program on multiple occasions. It’s the details of the software Tesla does not want people to share.

The Early Access Program isn’t a secret. Elon has tweeted about the early access program on multiple occasions. It’s the details of the software Tesla does not want people to share.

Well, if Elon tweeted about it since he would never tweet out anything he shouldn't...

One of the rules of the program is "You may not share any information about this program with the public-e.g. posting on any forums, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Reddit, etc." Talking about getting invited is sharing information about the program.

Lol. Elon will never let that happen. You will always have some type of anticipation.

For others, asking about joining or not joining and soliciting advice on early access program is ok. Just don’t share the actual software info you get. Some people have families that they drive around and some needs advice on whether it’s a good idea to join or not. No big deal sensitive people. Ask ask ask away. For those who don’t like it , don’t read this thread!

Reactions: emorog
Wow, some of you are a bit much. Seriously now - it's your car and if the Tesla computer algorithm invites you (I was invited and it's not fully automated because they screwed up a CC'd an entire group so I can see hundreds of Tesla employee names and other owners email addresses) and you accept (I accepted) and you update to 2018.39.4 (which I did this AM) you don't have to go into solitary about being invited or a part of it.

I did purchase EAP but do NOT have FSD

I will say I'm excited to see all the changes as there are a ton of them. Some UI changes I would say are excellent and a huge improvement. Some are just different while others are still to be determined.....

Wow, some of you are a bit much. Seriously now - it's your car and if the Tesla computer algorithm invites you (I was invited and it's not fully automated because they screwed up a CC'd an entire group so I can see hundreds of Tesla employee names and other owners email addresses) and you accept (I accepted) and you update to 2018.39.4 (which I did this AM) you don't have to go into solitary about being invited or a part of it.

I will say I'm excited to see all the changes as there are a ton of them. Some UI changes I would say are excellent and a huge improvement. Some are just different while others are still to be determined.....
My story matches yours...exactly. (Unless Tesla comes after me.)

I now know your email and full name ;)

What Timmy said. Some of yall are acting like Lord Elon is going to strike you down for saying the words "early access". We're the one's doing them the favor, don't forget that. Just part of the gig, either way party on!