Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Early Vin production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just another reason I preach to many Don’t get a early Vin from Tesla.....now you can get the towing on the model Y. While it’s cool to be first it comes with a cost. Not everyone needs to tow and I understand that but many do need to and that was a huge issue for those that got early builds. Now it is right there in the configurator and if you were patient you have been rewarded.

I am guessing this is going to be a retrofit option at some point, I can't imagine Tesla completely revamping the rear bumper 2 months into a production run to allow this. More then likely there will be some way to install this. Right now I am scheduled to pick up my car today actually, at least for me this isn't that big of a deal.

Last edited:
I'm sure you will be able to add it later....not even sure if I need it or not. We own a Ford Expedition that tows like a mule. I'd only be interested in adding a hitch for a bike rack, but the car is big enough to lay my bike in the back with the seats folded down. I'll pass for now....