Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ease of Entry and Exit from Vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm hoping it comes with the ability to save your "easy entry" suspension setting as well for the opposite reason. Getting into and out of my wife's Model 3 is less than awesome on my back, but I can basically walk up and casually sit down on the driver's seat of my 17-year-old Superduty. For my normal highway commute, I'd like the CT suspension to be low for aerodynamics, but getting in and out, I want it jacked up to don't-hurt-my-back levels.

I'm hoping it comes with the ability to save your "easy entry" suspension setting as well for the opposite reason. Getting into and out of my wife's Model 3 is less than awesome on my back, but I can basically walk up and casually sit down on the driver's seat of my 17-year-old Superduty. For my normal highway commute, I'd like the CT suspension to be low for aerodynamics, but getting in and out, I want it jacked up to don't-hurt-my-back levels.
sitting on those tires I doubt it will get low.

Cybertruck.jpg
I am in the exact same situation as a few of you guys. Elderly in laws will need to be transported and getting in and out will be an issue. With the air suspension it shouldn't be a major challenge to get the truck to lower to, say, Model X heights. That would be fantastic. The elevator running boards is a great idea, but would probably add significantly to the cost and complexity to manufacture.

Dan

If you look at this photo there is plenty of room in the wheel wells to allow for lowering a great deal. Wonder if this picture is with the suspension at its highest, lowest or somewhere in between.

Reactions: SmartElectric
If anyone from the future sees this, I'm very curious to know the absolute lowest height possible for the driver's seat (vehicle at lowest height with seat at lowest height). Matters to me because I'm in a wheelchair, so if it's too high then I'll probably just opt for something else.

In the meantime, I'd love to hear any educated guesses based on the photos we've seen. E.g., pic, pic

Figured I'd bump an old thread with the same sort of concern.

Last edited:
You may be able to have the Truck modified to meet your needs.
Appreciate the concept, but I don't want/need all that (can't afford it anyway). I just take apart my little chair and toss it in the passenger's seat, easy-peasy. No need for all that.

I'll just get a MSP if it seems like a hassle to get into the CT. Like, I can get into taller vehicles myself just fine (I've tried newish Mazda CX-5, CX-9, new Ford Explorer, '14 Toyota Tacoma). But I don't think I'd want to do that transfer every time I want to use my car.

Model Y is a great height I remember from test-driving it. CT looks like it might be close to that height when at its lowest. Hopefully we'll see before the year is over.

In getting into a CT last week, I didn't notice it being unusually high or difficult to get into. Seemed similar to the Model Y. I'm fairly sure it lowers the suspension when the car is off to make it easier to get in and out. That said, I wasn't paying close attention to that detail when getting in, so perhaps others can chime in.

From videos I've seen it looks like it's not much higher than a Model Y.

Dan
It isn't. I was in the new Orlando store Friday and noticed that (I'm 6ft) with just a slight lift on my toes, I could see across the top of the CyberTruck. The Model Y was a few inches below that. (I don't know the current lift status)
The floor is indeed higher, but the doors weren't open.

Compare it to many pickups where I can't even see into the driver's window.

The truck is MUCH smaller in person that the monstrosity that everyone makes it out to be.