TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

East coast caravan to Midwest tesla club event in Indianapolis in July

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by andrewket, Jun 30, 2017.

1. andrewket

andrewket Well-Known Member

I'm going to the Midwest owners tesla club event in Indianapolis at the end of July. My current plan is to leave very early on Friday, July 28th from NoVA, but I could be convinced to leave Thursday. I will drive home on Sunday.

Anyone interested in caravaning? We could meet at a common SpC.

2. theflyer

theflyer Member

@andrewket, any idea how many people attending? I'm starting a mutli-week road that Wednesday or Thursday. Was planning heading NE, but might be cool to go to Indianapolis first before returning to the far NE.

3. Da0ne

Da0ne Member

I will be attending and heading out of nyc area Friday early morning

4. theflyer

theflyer Member

We are now registered for the Indianapolis meetup!

We will probably leave the DC area on Wednesday but I'm open to discussions about caravaning in some way.

I currently plan to take a less-than-direct route to Indianapolis, probably DC -> Charlottesville (assuming its open by then) -> Lexington, VA -> Charleston -> Lexington, KY -> Louisville -> Indianapolis.

I'm even contemplating dipping further South to drive Tail of the Dragon. Wednesday transit to Asheville. Tuesday morning Tail of the Dragon and begin transit to Indianapolis. Friday arrive Indianapolis. As a rough first guess, the trip would look something like:
    • Wednesday, 1st leg to Asheville would be about 10 hours with charging.
    • Thursday after the Tail of the Dragon, stop in Knoxville.
    • Friday would be about six to seven hours to Indianapolis.
    Anyone game for this?