Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edmonton Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys!

It’s my first post here. I recently placed an order for a LR Model 3 DM last week (August 10). Does anyone know when to expect delivery and how does delivery to Edmonton work?

I’m thinking of picking it up in Calgary instead. But would really like input from members who experienced delivery up in Edmonton.

I apologize in advance if there is a thread similar to this.

TIA

I don't have a lot of answers for you as I'm also waiting. But for reference, I put in my finance details in the last week of July and the Calgary SC gave me a tentative date around the 3rd week of Sept. I think your car will most likely come end of Sept as part of Tesla's end of quarter push.

My advisor offered to transport the car up to Edmonton but I want to pick it up in Calgary instead so I can inspect and perhaps reject the car if something goes terribly wrong with it. He mentioned that it's a third party service that moves cars up to Edmonton. I'm not sure if that third party service would wait for me to inspect and take the car back down if I reject it.

My experience is pretty old now so I don't know if it would happen the same, but I took delivery of mine a couple of blocks away from home at a place where the hauler could get in and out easily. It came in an enclosed car transporter, along with a couple of Ferraris/Lambos and a couple other Ses. At the time I got mine they were shipping from the Vancouver store directly (no Calgary service center yet) and the delivery was awesome. Driver was great, no issues with the car. It was a really unique experience that I'll probably never have again in my life, I'm glad I got it done that way. Of course, I didn't have a choice back then. These days it might not be quite so exclusive-feeling, not sure if they ship on open transporters from Calgary.

I did have the opportunity to go around the car and note any damage or issues; thankfully there were none, as the car probably would have had to go back to Vancouver.

Thanks for the insight on when to expect delivery.

As an update, I just received a text message today (August 19) that delivery can be expected 4-6 weeks from today.

I think picking up from Calgary would be the most logical choice as customers can inspect the vehicle prior to taking delivery.