Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Experiencing humming noise issue with new Model X delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just picked up my delivery 3 days ago of a new Model X LR and I have been experiencing some noticeable humming noises when I'm driving at low speed with the steering wheel turned all the way to the left/right. Tesla service said that it was normal because all the "new deliveries that they received experience the same noise when turned all the way" so I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

Had this with my previous car, a dino powered vehicle. It was the power steering pump hydraulics. Considered normal.

New MYLR is a couple weeks old so I haven't listed for it. If I hear the same thing or if I don't, I'll report back - if I remember!

I just picked up my delivery 3 days ago of a new Model X LR and I have been experiencing some noticeable humming noises when I'm driving at low speed with the steering wheel turned all the way to the left/right. Tesla service said that it was normal because all the "new deliveries that they received experience the same noise when turned all the way" so I wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this.
Did you find the issue? I have a 2020 Model x with new half shafts and I am experiencing humming / moaning sounds while accelerating during turning left or right.

you front seats have built in speakers in your heard rest for active noise cancellation

https://www.tesla.com/ownersmanual/modelx/en_us/GUID-A1DF67DE-94B4-4859-98B4-B0A5D342FAB3.html
1711023604475.png