Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electrify America Complementary Session Check-in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Midday Jan 5th:
AZ Mills Mall, Tempe AZ. 2/8 chargers down/offline.
Kroger Fry’s, Chandler AZ. 1/4 charger down/offline.
Neither site had any complimentary sessions.
(9 working chargers total, only 1 EV charging. Nearby Supercharger, 12 stalls: Packed full of Teslas.)

Midday Jan 5th:
AZ Mills Mall, Tempe AZ. 2/8 chargers down/offline.
Kroger Fry’s, Chandler AZ. 1/4 charger down/offline.
Neither site had any complimentary sessions.
(9 working chargers total, only 1 EV charging. Nearby Supercharger, 12 stalls: Packed full of Teslas.)
Even with the lower reliability of the CCS stations this is why the adapter is good to have. Defense against overcrowded superchargers.

Reactions: cwerdna and DrGriz
Even with the lower reliability of the CCS stations this is why the adapter is good to have. Defense against overcrowded superchargers.
Yep. I got my adapter as soon as Tesla released theirs, plus did my ECU conversion. I used the adapter 3 times on my road trip down to AZ (twice for free EA charging). But, every EA site I stopped at had multiple chargers down. Plus, I was able to avoid using the downtown CO Springs supercharger (which would have been really inconvenient for me this trip). I really love having the extra charging option, plus it opens up trips to/through Durango CO and Show Low AZ, etc.
I was surprised at the Tempe location, in the busy middle of the day, the supercharger was crazy busy, and the EA site was completely unused.

I was surprised at the Tempe location, in the busy middle of the day, the supercharger was crazy busy, and the EA site was completely unused.
Yeah, options are great. Since the end of summer, I had the opposite experience, going up/down the 5 freeway. Superchargers were open, but the EA chargers were completely full with a line a couple cars deep. Although, it should be noted that the reliability of the EA chargers along the 5 has been getting worse over time, as when I first got my adapter in May, I had an easy time with EA going down the 5, but when I repeated the same road trip a month later, most all the EA chargers had > 50% of the chargers down. Worked fantastic tho, when I was in SF/LA, and found that the EA locations were more convenient to where I was than SC were... Altho in SF, the EA locations were crazy busy, at least on the peninsula.

Overcrowded and EXPENSIVE. I pull into town and it can be 65¢/kWh at a Supercharger. Now with the adapter I can hit up the free DC Fast Charging around town, I can sign up for the 31¢ EA charging for $4/mo or use the BlueDot flat 30¢ 50kW chargers located EVERYWHERE. (that's my referral code if you are interested)

Alameda, CA:

Looks like today's the last day
80B2BE63-EC74-4A2D-A75F-64FD95B2A547.jpeg

And the place was empty when I got here

38A8E8D9-436B-4789-B105-D1E607354D4B.jpeg

Charger three is stuck but all others working, although I was only getting 27kW on my 80% full batt

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: cwerdna
Overcrowded and EXPENSIVE. I pull into town and it can be 65¢/kWh at a Supercharger. Now with the adapter I can hit up the free DC Fast Charging around town, I can sign up for the 31¢ EA charging for $4/mo or use the BlueDot flat 30¢ 50kW chargers located EVERYWHERE. (that's my referral code if you are interested)
tell me more about this 0.30c/kWh deal? Their website is rather confusing as it seems like a debit card that has a charging rebate

what i've been doing is buying EVGo credits from Chevy Bolt owners at 50 cents on the dollar going to EVGo so i'm in the 0.18 to 0.24 range

Reactions: noobla3
It's a debit card you put money on and then you can use their flat rate charger network that includes most crappy 50kW chargers that would normally be VERY expensive. They also give cash back for points you can earn by using the card Supercharging and other various places they have on their maps or just letting them track your trip. You can cash out the points but I haven't tried that yet. Getting the card is free but you have to put money on it. Then you can set your Tesla acct. to be paid with it and they give you points for charging. This way you can be sure to eventually get all the money you put on the car back off.

No longer showing Complimentary Session, but I plugged in and it just started to charge, charging now with 4 ID4s using the working stalls, #6 non responsive, but #3 is back working again. Oh an all wheel steering EQS just pulled in to charge. Cool!

Last edited:
Reactions: noobla3
ID4s have pretty good battery size so I haven't see that, it's usually the E-Golfs and the Leafs and Sparks that are charging to 100% because the range is so tight on those cars. Also the ID4s charge pretty fast too compared to Golfs.