Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
May 19, 2017
A recent regulatory filing says Tesla founder Elon Musk has traded the “Chief Executive” title for “Technoking of Tesla.”

Additionally, Tesla’s chief financial officer Zachary Kirkhorn is listed as the “Master of Coin,” possibly a nod to the company’s recent $1.5 billion investment in Bitcoin.

The filing addresses the name change:

“Effective as of March 15, 2021, the titles of Elon Musk and Zach Kirkhorn have changed to Technoking of Tesla and Master of Coin, respectively. Elon and Zach will also maintain their respective positions as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.”

Musk has a track record of having fun with labels at the company. For instance, the company’s first four models – S, 3, X, and Y were meant to spell “sexy.”

It’s not clear if Musk’s new title is suggesting his purview is tech broadly or...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Crutonius

Sep 12, 2020
Salt Lake City, Utah
Um... how do I put this delicately?

Antics like this sort of have me worried that whenever I drive my Tesla that I'm putting my safety in the hands of someone who officially refers to himself as the "technoking".

Reactions: GreenT

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC