Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk releases (vague) Cybertruck details during Q4 Earnings Call!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
C0F816B9-550E-436F-B7C6-8E57B83BF801.jpeg

Reactions: Mayonayze
Exactly! Wish he could have at least dropped a few teasers if not an item or two. But, close to the vest is the smart business move for a future product, business-wise.

I personally see the 2WD Cybertruck as the best value for a new Tesla currently. I also hope that the "million mile battery" will be in the truck by default. Also, ordering FSD now and having a couple/few extra years to let it develop with the current costs fixed is really hard to pass up.

Reactions: Kmartyn
That’s an odd reason to provide fewer configuration options.
Not necessarily. Viral videos of bad experiences impact bottom line.

That's why I'm dismayed at Rivian's "tank turn" video: yes it can do that, but methinks will result in lots of videos of people destroying their drivetrain in the process. Yes it can do that, but with extreme strain; word is Rivian followed up with "don't do this on pavement, and sparingly on gravel".

Exactly! Wish he could have at least dropped a few teasers if not an item or two. But, close to the vest is the smart business move for a future product, business-wise.

I personally see the 2WD Cybertruck as the best value for a new Tesla currently. I also hope that the "million mile battery" will be in the truck by default. Also, ordering FSD now and having a couple/few extra years to let it develop with the current costs fixed is really hard to pass up.
The best value is the 3 motor version, the cost per mile is less than any other Tesla. The 500 mile range will be great.

Reactions: ratsbew
"Not necessarily. Viral videos of bad experiences impact bottom line."

Cybertruck unveil had perhaps one of the worst"Viral Videos" off all time with the broken windows. Yet they still took deposit on about 1/2 million of them.

Believe it will become an out of the park success.

Reactions: parapyropig
The fluke of "Cybertruck broken windows viral video" is that Tesla has a strong reputation for delivering way past promises; huge #s of viewers saw that "OMFG" moment sympathetically, noting that (A) the ball _didn't_ go thru the window, and (B) we got the intention & trust that Musk WILL make those windows live up to the hype.

> took deposit on about 1/2 million of them.

Oy, there goes that particular dream.

> That’s an odd reason to provide fewer configuration options.

Exactly, and they should add a 'low rider' option with mini rims and rubber.
--