Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon - Please build Ventilators - Now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You submit a video of the top 5 biggest/ most expensive cruise ships and use that as the case study for them all? Most ships are in the 300-500million range and the biggest ones you'll find docked in US waters are around $750 Million.
Thats true, but would you rather be in a Super 6 or on a Carnival, Army Corps of Engineers to Convert Hotels, Dorms to Hospital Units amid Outbreak

I personally think this size ship, would be the perfect fleet for hospitals, and with their ability to serve drinks to the nurses and docs after hours it would get interesting in a high risk environment. After this whole COVID event slows down in 18 months or so, they could bring back a MASH-like TV show on the hospital cruise ship, think a hybrid of Love Boat and MASH. The TV show needs a head nurse like Major Margaret J "Hot Lips" Houlihan, and Klinger, and Radar O'Reilly,.... bring them all back...

How about Irradiating their current mask in a microwave oven...nothings going to survive 1 minute @ 1200 watts of microwave radiation.

Masks are usually made by paper with rubber strings that are stapled with a metal clip so caution must be observed when microwaving:

.Remove all metals
.Combustible materials like paper and cloths must be thoroughly soaked in water or they would start a fire in the microwave oven.

In the meantime, the calvaries are coming for the rescue:

Dr. Nicole Seminara, NYU Langone Health has been soliciting homemade masks from the public with success!

These are non-medical grade but look much better than CDC scarves and bandanas :)

A Sewing Army, Making Masks for America

merlin_170934921_2525cc30-3835-455a-9bc8-612222c70faa-jumbo.jpg

Not talking about politics, but bums that happen to be politicians. Don't care which party they belong to.

Biggest issue is that while there was lots of time previously available to garner additional respiratiors and personal protective gear, nobody seemed to be getting the job done until the last possible moment. Now that the crisis is here they still do little but complain that others are not doing enough.

...Not talking about politics...

The US healthcare system works as if it's a for-profit system that emphasizes how to make a buck by implementing Just In Time (JIT) practice.

In addition to existing ventilators, it needs additional 30,000 more ventilators for New York alone.

Each would cost about a Tesla Model 3 or about $50,000.

It's cheaper for the JIT system to wait until the very last second to buy more. But the JIT would cost lives in this case. Good for money but bad for lives.

Thus, that's why there's a movement for SinglePayer Healthcare, not a for-profit healthcare system.

In addition, the public and most local governments are not permitted to learn the intelligence briefing to react.

At the Federal level, it has been purposefully re-designed to fail in the past few years:

Trump is deconstructing the government, one agency at a time

The Federal people, on the other hand, got intelligence briefing and responded to it by dumping the stocks while reassuring the public that:

"The United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats… in large part due to the work of the Senate Health Committee, Congress, and the Trump Administration."

After Richard Burr's Coronavirus Scandal, Will the Government Finally Crack Down on Congressional Insider Trading?

Thus, we need to reconstruct the government: Where is Dr. Fauci and why Attorney General Barr is standing in his place?

The US healthcare system works as if it's a for-profit system that emphasizes how to make a buck by implementing Just In Time (JIT) practice.

In addition to existing ventilators, it needs additional 30,000 more ventilators for New York alone.

Each would cost about a Tesla Model 3 or about $50,000.

It's cheaper for the JIT system to wait until the very last second to buy more. But the JIT would cost lives in this case. Good for money but bad for lives.

Thus, that's why there's a movement for SinglePayer Healthcare, not a for-profit healthcare system.

In addition, the public and most local governments are not permitted to learn the intelligence briefing to react.

At the Federal level, it has been purposefully re-designed to fail in the past few years:

Trump is deconstructing the government, one agency at a time

The Federal people, on the other hand, got intelligence briefing and responded to it by dumping the stocks while reassuring the public that:

"The United States today is better prepared than ever before to face emerging public health threats… in large part due to the work of the Senate Health Committee, Congress, and the Trump Administration."

After Richard Burr's Coronavirus Scandal, Will the Government Finally Crack Down on Congressional Insider Trading?

Thus, we need to reconstruct the government: Where is Dr. Fauci and why Attorney General Barr is standing in his place?

You might want to review your history, big government killed millions during the "Spanish Flu", we were at War and there was a news blackout to prevent the enemy from knowing how bad it was.

My concern is the "most at risk" patient that is dying is the economy... you might get your big government wish... you might want to review the Great Depression and the New Deal.

If by talent you mean no labor laws, building codes, safety or environmental regulations, then yes China has a lot of talent.

It's good that the US has labor laws because, in normal time, these nurses would be fired for complaining the lack of PPE in social media which is not a proper chain of command for grievances:

Worker at NYC hospital where nurses wear trash bags as protection dies from coronavirus

trash-bags-hospital.jpg

These 3 above New York Mount Sinai nurses are shown holding an empty garbage bag box while wearing black plastic garbage bags to protect themselves from contamination after an assistant nursing manager death was linked to the Covid-19 job.

In contrast, China sent in 42,000 healthcare workers across the country to the Covid-19 hotspot Wuhan and none of them was infected due to strict infection control practices.

Last edited:
It's good that the US has labor laws because, in normal time, these nurses would be fired for complaining lack of the PPE in social media which is not a proper chain of command for grievances:

Worker at NYC hospital where nurses wear trash bags as protection dies from coronavirus

trash-bags-hospital.jpg

These 3 above New York Mount Sinai nurses are shown holding an empty garbage bag box while wearing black plastic garbage bags to protect themselves from contamination after an assistant nursing manager death was linked to the Covid-19 job.

In contrast, China sent in 42,000 healthcare workers across the country to the Covid-19 hotspot Wuhan and none of them was infected due to strict infection control practices.

one of the things we’ve done is create a supply chain for a lot of medical gear thru China. Obviously that was severely disrupted.

Interesting to me is that the politicians from New York that are bawling that they do not have enough respiratiors of PPD have known that this Virus was coming from at least January. They spent all that time doing nothing, then complaining that others do not do enought for them in these trying times. Bums should be thrown out of office.

Not talking about politics, but bums that happen to be politicians. Don't care which party they belong to.

Biggest issue is that while there was lots of time previously available to garner additional respiratiors and personal protective gear, nobody seemed to be getting the job done until the last possible moment. Now that the crisis is here they still do little but complain that others are not doing enough.

Ok, since we're not talking politics and all politicians are bums that should be thrown out of office, you can't leave out the bum in Washington who had plenty of time to declare a national emergency, but denied it for weeks and then said it as just a hoax--- until he literally couldn't deny it anymore and now people are dying every few minutes (see: Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center):

J3O1Zfb.png

But we're not talking politics.

Thats true, but would you rather be in a Super 6 or on a Carnival, Army Corps of Engineers to Convert Hotels, Dorms to Hospital Units amid Outbreak

I personally think this size ship, would be the perfect fleet for hospitals, and with their ability to serve drinks to the nurses and docs after hours it would get interesting in a high risk environment. After this whole COVID event slows down in 18 months or so, they could bring back a MASH-like TV show on the hospital cruise ship, think a hybrid of Love Boat and MASH. The TV show needs a head nurse like Major Margaret J "Hot Lips" Houlihan, and Klinger, and Radar O'Reilly,.... bring them all back...

my in-laws are ginormous Carnaval cruise fans. So much so he works 8 hours a month for them just to get the perks of that and owns stock to get share holder perks. So from their perspective the carnival fleet is well equipped to handle this need of floating hospitals. And even though their ventilation systems are iffy having them stay in the balcony rooms would negate some of that. Not to mention you’d have everyone quarantined in one place that’s full service and no risk of them trying to get in a car and go somewhere.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
my in-laws are ginormous Carnaval cruise fans. So much so he works 8 hours a month for them just to get the perks of that and owns stock to get share holder perks. So from their perspective the carnival fleet is well equipped to handle this need of floating hospitals. And even though their ventilation systems are iffy having them stay in the balcony rooms would negate some of that. Not to mention you’d have everyone quarantined in one place that’s full service and no risk of them trying to get in a car and go somewhere.
Or just keep the COVID guys on the land based hospitals and have the non-COVID patients (Maternity, etc) on the ships.

no need. UV-C is all you need (from all that I've read). and uv-c is harmless to material.

just to pick a random example:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0865LWF5D

there are mercury versions or these LED versions. as long as it has the uvc wavelength, the current thinking, as I, a layperson understand it, is what you want. not uva or uvb, but uvc.

ob disc: I have something like that on order and I'm going to make my own lightbox for disinfecting received shipping items. just don't look at it and don't expose skin to it; these things are NOT toys and require safety procedures.

• Informative
Reactions: Xenoilphobe
it depends on the 'strength' (closeness, output power).

btw, just today, a DIY on how to measure the uvc output. very timely.

https://hackaday.com/2020/03/27/measuring-uv-c-for-about-5/

I ordered some of those $10 sensors so I'll followup on how well they work, early or mid next week when they arrive.

it won't be a calibrated read but I'll at least be able to know the output level at locations inside the box and maybe use it as a feedback to move the lamp or something. I have steppers and motors and things here - might be a fun project while I'm stuck at home ;)