Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Emergency Brake NOT enabled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
what exactly does this mean? it just appeared on my MX 2019. everything is updated correctly & i rebooted after i saw this figuring maybe latest update caused the msg. it’s annoying & worrisome.
anyone that can give a good reason & how to. on remedying it will greatly appreciate. put in a msg to service but no word back yet. Is it safe to drive with this not enabled? Thanx in Advance

Haven't heard that one in awhile. Since it is referring to the emergency brake, I'll "SPECULATE" that it would be a possible problem while parking and not while driving. Do you get the sense that the car is not setting the brake when on an incline? Do you hear the brake setting when you shift to park?

Is that the exact message or did it refer to the "Automatic" emergency braking? There is a difference.

Haven't heard that one in awhile. Since it is referring to the emergency brake, I'll "SPECULATE" that it would be a possible problem while parking and not while driving. Do you get the sense that the car is not setting the brake when on an incline? Do you hear the brake setting when you shift to park?

Is that the exact message or did it refer to the "Automatic" emergency braking? There is a difference.
car is not near me now but maybe you are correct ‘Automatic’ emergency brake not enabled is msg

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
car is not near me now but maybe you are correct ‘Automatic’ emergency brake not enabled is msg
OK, that might be a bigger issue while driving. I have heard of this issue popping up for now real reason. Sometimes a valid alert and sometimes not. Hard to know which is correct. Sorry, I have not heard a solution but perhaps someone else has an answer. Good that you contacted service. If you are close to a service center, I would just go over there if they are not answering.

And yes, some folks confuse automatic emergency braking with parking brake.

OK, that might be a bigger issue while driving. I have heard of this issue popping up for now real reason. Sometimes a valid alert and sometimes not. Hard to know which is correct. Sorry, I have not heard a solution but perhaps someone else has an answer. Good that you contacted service. If you are close to a service center, I would just go over there if they are not answering.

And yes, some folks confuse automatic emergency braking with parking brake.
thanx for your info & fast reply

Had that happen to me 3 times within a week recently: driving my 2020 MX with autopilot on and suddenly it would drop out of autopilot completely, with Automatic Emergency Braking disabled warning and also Cruise Control Disabled. By stopping and shutting the car off completely, it would go away on restart. Talked to Service. They did remote diagnostics, said it was some data processing error and that it probably would not continue. It has not recurred, but I really don’t know what it was. Not sure Sevice knew what it was either.