Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Employee-owned MX P90DL Debating Selling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Get a trade in price from Tesla and one from Carvana etc.

A lot of cars that are selling high are low mileage. With high mileage, no warranty etc. it’s tough to know it’s crazy used market value.

I listed my car here BELOW what Tesla would give me on trade (plus tax). Couple bites and nothing.

You can usually do better than trade in price or carvana selling private. But I also failed to get fair market value prices on my Jeep as well. I ended up trading.

Keep in mind people buying Teslas typically have a car they need to get rid of.

BTW Tesla gave me an estimate without pics. Once I ordered a car they wanted pics of my trade. When I sent in pics the trade went up $6k.

When young. I bought and sold so many cars as we upgraded our house etc. It’s tough justifying a $100k vehicle while doing that.

If you are trying to profit from the use car market by selling high and buying low in 1 year that’s gonna be really hard.

One way I always justify insane Tesla prices is safety. You can’t put a value on that. If you put your family in a say a Honda mini can (which is probably also hard to get) and had some nut job t bone you (something you can’t control) which car do you want to be in? Honda or your X?
Man, no one wants to get boned.