Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by lovingit, Jan 5, 2016.
Do employees get any incentives toward cars?
Back in Dec 2013 when one bought my wife's accident damaged S85 the answer was no.
I heard from someone random (so consider an unconfirmed rumor) that employees do now have some sort of discount program.
As far as I know, this is relatively new. I think before the only perk was sometimes being able to become the buyer of a CPO type trade in getting the car at the trade in price (which was generally a very good deal on a used car.) Then Tesla didn't have to spend time trying resell it, so seemed like a win/win.
Working at tesla - we had absolutely zero perks. After working there, i would never own one. Sorry to say it.
Sorry where are you from?
One of the sales guys here in VA is getting a CPO, I would assume they would give the those guys a good deal..
Tesla employees are now getting great lease deals on CPOs. I've heard in the $400/month range.
Damn that is great. They should do that for those guys - they work their asses off! Frankly the employee of the month at each SC should get a a month free!
Says trollville. I believe him!
Owner Adviser at a store here in SoCal told me this as well.
Just talked to someone who works there. Got a brand new MX at half off. They hook them up!
Yes. They get a discount on the S and X but not on the 3. This was clearly spelled out in the Model 3 documentation that came with employee deliveries of the model 3. This is indeed new, it used to be no deals for anyone.
There are a lot of special rules for offering employees discounts on a company's products or services to keep the discount off the employee's W-2.
Two that come to mind:
(1) The discount must be offered to ALL employees of the company, its subsidiaries and parent companies and any brother-sister companies that would be included under the rules of attribution. If one employee is excluded from a discount, then all discounts are taxable income to the employee.
(2) In the case of manufactured products, the discount cannot exceed the average cost of goods sold across all product lines.
There are others that would not be relevant in this situation.
While I do not know if Tesla now offers employee discounts on new product, I am not sure if all employees in all Elon Musk's companies are eligible to receive discounts on Tesla's new automobiles.
I heard 75% and they use each other's referral codes to get all the loot that they resale to pay for the remaining 25%
75% off retail price? Sounds too good to be true. Time to apply for a job.
Talked with the guys that installed my Powerwalls. They said there is a small discount, and when the Model 3 came out there was a larger one that was limited to like the first 200 employees that requested it, but that was it.
They did, however, say they LOVED working for Tesla. Good pay, good benefits, etc. and they had no intention of trying to unionize.