Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Energy usage increase or regen decreased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeadterday installed 2020 20 12 and today my wh/m is at over 300 average for the drive iv been dooing for the past 3 weeks to drop my kid of at its childminders 12 miles away so 48 miles average run a day. Iv been get in 220wh/m average so either it's the rain or its lower regen as I did notice a definite increase in break usage today.

Yeadterday installed 2020 20 12 and today my wh/m is at over 300 average for the drive iv been dooing for the past 3 weeks to drop my kid of at its childminders 12 miles away so 48 miles average run a day. Iv been get in 220wh/m average so either it's the rain or its lower regen as I did notice a definite increase in break usage today.

Notes say they improved regen performance so of course you will see worse figures! :confused:

My regular short drive wasn't any different from usual. 20deg C ambient, battery about the same. Started off with limited regen at about 50 kw. 70% soc. Regen restriction turned off after a few hundred metres, but interestingly kept cutting on and off as I went down a long hill which made BRAKE performance very inconsistent.

But energy-wise no obvious change. MS R LR.

After further driving over a hot weekend... I noticed my usual liftoff accel time for regen was to late. I had to apply breaking where I normally wouldn't. And to make it worse my electricity usage has gone up and I haven't driven any further than normal or any more or less aggressive I tried to keep it all the same. Other than obviously when the car was not going to stop where it should.

Surely this is all very much at the margin and no big deal overall?? I can't believe that small changes to regen (which could be due to weather and lots of other factors outlined above) make that much of a difference to energy use that it's worth tracking *so* closely? Open to being corrected...

"My electricity usage has gone up" - you mean by pennies?

Surely this is all very much at the margin and no big deal overall?? I can't believe that small changes to regen (which could be due to weather and lots of other factors outlined above) make that much of a difference to energy use that it's worth tracking *so* closely? Open to being corrected...

"My electricity usage has gone up" - you mean by pennies?
no idea of what is going on above and I agree that it would be very hard for regen to make that much of a difference but but if correct the difference between 220w/mile and 300w/mile as stated is not a small difference, in range its about 90miles, so it is something most people would be concerned about if it happened for no reason

no idea of what is going on above and I agree that it would be very hard for regen to make that much of a difference but but if correct the difference between 220w/mile and 300w/mile as stated is not a small difference, in range its about 90miles, so it is something most people would be concerned about if it happened for no reason
Fair enough. Feels like there must be other factors before regen that would cause this