Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have FSD and after I have been using FSD daily on Model Y since March 30, I recommend EAP and not so much at FSD. Yes, I really mean daily or whenever I drive. EAP has pretty much every feature minus the traffic light/stop sign/future local street navigation. Even with the 4-D base code rewrite, I don't see this will make local driving any better anytime soon. You are better off with EAP ($4k) and invest the $4k into TSLA stock. And come back in a year before you decide if you want to upgrade to FSD.

Yes, I'm aware that you will need to pay $5k to upgrade from EAP > FSD, and I still don't see how TSLA can solve local street navigate on autopilot. Just try to make an unprotected left-turn on any major streets. The camera can't see far enough or wide enough to make a safe right/left turn. And with EAP, you can ask your car to change lanes already.

I have a decent video here
describing the differences between the 2 and why you may want to consider each.

Perhaps better than the video, read the comments. Tons of discussion from people considering EAP vs FSD and some that bought EAP. All the buyers seem to be happy.

Overall, I think it's a pretty decent deal if not still a bit expensive. But as FSD features continue to mount, people may or may not regret just going for FSD. If you weren't considering FSD at all and won't be in the future, EAP is really good, especially if you do a lot of highway driving.

Reactions: Pilot1226

Perhaps better than the video, read the comments. Tons of discussion from people considering EAP vs FSD and some that bought EAP. All the buyers seem to be happy.

Overall, I think it's a pretty decent deal if not still a bit expensive. But as FSD features continue to mount, people may or may not regret just going for FSD. If you weren't considering FSD at all and won't be in the future, EAP is really good, especially if you do a lot of highway driving.

Thanks SO much for your post. Almost all of my driving will be in Charlotte, with a possible trip to Myrtle Beach.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla

Good video, thanks for sharing.

Very insightful / educational comments by "F C" about hardware shortcomings in current Telsa models that will limit FSD capability. Worth reading.

Last edited:
Reactions: DirtyT3sla