Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Error code BMS_a165_SW_Pack_Partial_Weld in 2018 Model 3 LR RWD -

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
one contactor welded, continue diagnosis to determine faulted contactor. This error code followed a failed install, I have a service visit scheduled but it’s weeks away and a 3 hour drive one way. Car still drives but with turtle (acceleration and top speed reduced) and no regenerative braking. Is the car safe to drive 3 hours to service center? Is it all because of the failed install? Thanks for any help here.

For anybody who has the same error, here’s what it was… replace negative and positive HV power switch. Is not covered under the battery warranty. Is covered under regular warranty but it was expired a year ago. Cost - $1k plus towing to service center.
Just got this error while I was supercharging on a roadtrip… also 2018 model 3 dual motor performance but the built date is in July so I don’t think it falls under the service bulletin. Service center is booked up till 4 weeks out here in Plano, Texas. Looks like I’ll be out $1,000 for the repair. How long did it take for the repairs?

Just got this error while I was supercharging on a roadtrip… also 2018 model 3 dual motor performance but the built date is in July so I don’t think it falls under the service bulletin. Service center is booked up till 4 weeks out here in Plano, Texas. Looks like I’ll be out $1,000 for the repair. How long did it take for the repairs?
It was very quick once they got to it. When the car arrived after the tow they put it in a queue - I communicated with them through the app every day, asking if they could work it in, but I had to wait my turn. My turn took five working days. Good luck.

Reactions: K3vin11